Thread: Frame heights

Default Frame heights

Should frame heights be set with or without driver in the car?? Opinions please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Should frame heights be set with or without driver in the car?? Opinions please.
    Unless the manufacturer tells you no driver and what the missing driver weighs, a driver better be in the car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

We get asked this question all the time and when I look back thru the older Warrior set-up notes it says without driver but modern day ya gotta have driver weight in the seat when doing ANYTHING set up wise. If not you might as well take the engine out.

Does this also apply when setting camber/caster, I'm guessing?

Absolutely! Logically, you race with the driver, consistency is key to a good setup.

Do what the chassis company says, but I think it's more important to just do it the same every time. This way your baseline is the same, and adjustments are made from the same starting point.

Most of the time I'm solo in the shop, so I do setups with out the driver in the car, same with the front end. At the start of the season, and maybe during a time or 2, I'll scale with me in it and compare to with out me in it so I know what I have when I'm in it. But it makes life a lot easier doing it with out the driver in the car. Unless your the driver... and you can sit in the car while the crew does the work for you lol
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

the best way is to put the driver wieght in the seat

im with revel, i have to do mine by myself sometimes and i use four 50# bags of play sand and a 20 # weight , yea i know , i need to lay off the french fries...lol