Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loose off gas

Default Loose off gas

When i start backing off gas the back of car steps out . Rear end is straight and square in car brakes not hanging . It will do it if going down straightaway and half to get out of gas its almost like some hit me in lr thats how quick it happens. Its crazy feeling

Too much stagger?

Does same thing with 2" Or with 0. It like something bad wrong unable to really race its so bad

broke axle? rear end shifting as it relaxes? check rear end control arms for bad bushings, bad heim ends whatever. Don't know your setup.

have you switched to a direct drive trany like a bert or brinn from a conventional flywheel set up? reason i ask is a person i was helping with a nesmith street stock switched to a bert when the rules allowed it and the engine would brake the rear tires loose when dumping the throttle, once he learned how to ease off the throttle he got faster and faster....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2 View Post
    When i start backing off gas the back of car steps out . Rear end is straight and square in car brakes not hanging . It will do it if going down straightaway and half to get out of gas its almost like some hit me in lr thats how quick it happens. Its crazy feeling
    Is rear end locked

Chassis bind or locked/ sticking shock will give that feeling.

All shocks checked good . Same clutch trans setup and rearend has full spool checked springs to all check good

How much bite do you have in it?

Tride 70 to 160

What kind of car? how many RPM, WHats Brake setup, any chance ones hanging or holding pressure. If its a metric chassis up the bite

Metric chassis 7000 rpm all brakes good tilton pedals metric calipers idk if bite make any diferance cause it will do it mid ways down straight away and back off gas but not dump off gas

Check to see if axke stripped in spool or drive plate. All left rear will make act like that also.

Also make sure axle is not sliding in too far, out of drive plate. have sse this with no spacer bolt on full spool.

ballast to far back??

All ballest over rearend or foward

Again are bushings in control arms or rear end good? What do you have for trail or lead? Where do you have the lower control arms bolted on rear end mounts i.e.: all the was up or down on the left or right.I assume that this is same car as last year and weight is in the same place? Or new car? Are you sure you have enough rear % bite seems to be about right compared to a lot of people I know that run metric cars.
    Last edited by Bdcase19; 07-28-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Bushings good. 0 leed upper arm 8degrees down hill to chassis and lower have 10 degrees up to chassis new car but lead in same place as old car. Thanks for all help

You ever figure out what was doing this? Mine has the same problem. Thanks

Drive shaft bottoming out in the trans? Just a thought.