Default Metric Cars Rates???

How low have you metric nova lower cas gone with spring rates? We're on a 650 left and 700 RF and using just over 4" of travel in the slick and dual brake floaters in rear. We want to go lower as we feel the RF is still over powering the rr a little and pivoting to easily off of it. Who here is successful with a metric IMCA car and what rates are you running? I think we will be trying a pair of 600s next race across the front and see what happens.

it depends on the type of lowers you are running......i am running a 2012 Lightning metric with nova lowers and have gone to a 650 RF 700 LF (3 off wheels) with a 4/4 setup and like the way it corners.....i am considering going all the way down to a 600Rf 650LF on the extreme dry....this is with IMCA tires and rules.....

So me and you are in the same boat. I'm 2"Offsets except rr is a 4" and my RF is a mile out(adapter and 1" spacer). I just feel like I can go lower in rate to help not upset the car as much if on a rough track and not over power the rr like I feel it's doing as I want to drive the car in harder. At least that's my theory.

I've had mine from a 550 to a 750 and the 650 was what worked the best on rf. A 650 is close to a 550 on a chevelle clip on the rf.

I ordered some 600s and going to try those. I run a bit of caster so maybe that'll take the load off the front righting steering right. I just feel I'm over powering the RF and the rr can't take the load and have done a lot to load rr. I'm trying to drive it in harder and not get to free.