Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Last year they returned to the tour for the first time since 2009 and had 37 cars. On a Wednesday, after a show in Odessa, MI the night before and LaSalle was next up.

First show after the 4th on a Tuesday last year was VCS here in Danville, got rained out.

18 cars is pretty bad, no matter who you are, where you are, what night of the week you are running. Stop making excuses. Car counts are down this year, and everyone should be trying to figure out ways to fix it, not a. complain about it or b. make excuses for it.

The post by chathamracefan is what I'm talking about. Throwing out an idea. That's what needs to happen. Ideas brought to the table. Don't think that HellTour crew doesn't get on here and read these, they do.

I wasn't expecting 55 cars but 14 seemed pretty sparse. I don't think that's an outlandish statement.
    I'd say 18-24 seemed about right. They got 16 so not far off.
    Last edited by jr29; 07-05-2016 at 08:21 PM.

I think these summernationals races were paying 5,000 to win more than 20 years ago.

They ended up with 18, jr29, but after 37 last year and looking at the trends this year, I was guessing 28-30 tonight.

SN Close to Death give it 2 or 3 years then Gone....

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaceFan007 View Post
    Last year they returned to the tour for the first time since 2009 and had 37 cars. On a Wednesday, after a show in Odessa, MI the night before and LaSalle was next up.

First show after the 4th on a Tuesday last year was VCS here in Danville, got rained out.

18 cars is pretty bad, no matter who you are, where you are, what night of the week you are running. Stop making excuses. Car counts are down this year, and everyone should be trying to figure out ways to fix it, not a. complain about it or b. make excuses for it.
    saw TRUMP speak today, he said he could fix it...........

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    I think these summernationals races were paying 5,000 to win more than 20 years ago.
    Precisely why there are hardly any SLM teams and tracks that run them anymore. Same pay as 20 years ago and how much has the cost to operate a SLM gone up in 20 yrs? I blame car owners, tracks, fans, series sponsors, drivers, sanctioning bodies. Nothing and I mean nothing has been done to fix the problem. Racing will continue to die until track promoters tell the sanction bodies to go screw themselves, team up with their neighboring tracks, set up affordable classes and actually try to rebuild/save our sport..

Quote Originally Posted by mstew75 View Post
    Precisely why there are hardly any SLM teams and tracks that run them anymore. Same pay as 20 years ago and how much has the cost to operate a SLM gone up in 20 yrs? I blame car owners, tracks, fans, series sponsors, drivers, sanctioning bodies. Nothing and I mean nothing has been done to fix the problem. Racing will continue to die until track promoters tell the sanction bodies to go screw themselves, team up with their neighboring tracks, set up affordable classes and actually try to rebuild/save our sport..
    Will not help some people with money will cheat too win and spend lots of money too do it ,..... WHY cause they CAN.....

Thanks to anyone who gives updates,

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Will not help some people with money will cheat too win and spend lots of money too do it ,..... WHY cause they CAN.....
    Very true. But, what is the alternative? Sit idly by and just watch the past time we love die because some one may cheat anyway? I know I wont. I am going to keep pushing for a fix, keep pushing local promoters and owners to see that they are losing with open classes and even not open classes because there is no real tech done to the cars.

75 I wish I new.. But I think its past fixing .. Wont hurt me I am close too death.. Seems Like all good things come too a end .. May happen here.. If I had a lot of money i open a Race Kart track....You can tek. them easy....

LM feature feger,unzicker,t culp,gardner,pierce,t erb
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    And admission used to be $20,00. Then $25.00. Now $30.00.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    SN Close to Death give it 2 or 3 years then Gone....
    When they changed all the dates and started making them zig zag all over the Midwest was the beginning of the end, only an idiot would think that's a good idea. I remember when they would have Lasalle Tuesday, Peoria Wednesday, Spoon River or Macon?Thursday, Farmer City Friday and Fairbury Saturday.

The AELT tour here in MI pays $4k to win and gets close to 30 cars. $15 to get in I think I saw was the going rate at most tracks. I see Rich Bell, last years LaSalle track champ has 2 wins on it.

Is he driving past these SN tracks a longer distance for less money?

Quote Originally Posted by Bang D. Cushion View Post
    Bad for drivers but better for fans, most fans can't or won't go 3, 4, 5 nights in a row. I went to fairbury and lasalle because they were a week apart but wouldn't have made both back to back.
    in 98 I took a vacation for the middle of the summer nats now its impossible thanks Sam

Doesn't ALMS still pay $2k to win? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bang D. Cushion View Post
    Bad for drivers but better for fans, most fans can't or won't go 3, 4, 5 nights in a row. I went to fairbury and lasalle because they were a week apart but wouldn't have made both back to back.
    Exactly some don't understand things like that. your asking fans from about the same geographical area to spend about 180.00 for a week of racing.

Anyone know what took heckenast out of the race.