Default What Forced air helmet to buy

I'm 6'2 300 lb and had one heck of a time getting my ultrashield vs halo seat mounted to where I feel comfortable. We had to cut the pedal mounts and move, raise steering wheel up, to get seat laid back far enough to get my head to clear the cage. Now that I've got some room in there which helmet do I buy, a side or top air? Looks like the side air would be close to hitting the top left of seat, and top will be close to top of cage. Any and all inputs please.

bell, br-1 you can get the adapters for both side and top and see what you like, comfy helmet also

I have the impact air vapor, top hose connection. It's I little close in my car to the top bar, but never hits.

impact sells offset top air helmets to give you more clearance. side air wont give you any range of motion unless your seats made for that

If you are that close to the halo I would get a side air and make it work.

Don't get a side air helmet. Had a Simpson RX helmet with side air and got it stuck crooked in that same seat. Raced half a heat that way. Bought a BR1 and use top air.

I've got a BR.1 with the top air. Kinda puts the top of my head a bit higher than I'd like, but I also have the Halo seat, and there's no real good way I could see to make a side air work.
    FWIW, I'm about your size, just a lil smaller
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

Thanks for the input on this from all. I don't see any possible way to make a side air work. I suppose its top air or no air lol. i like the impact offset helmet but they sure think a lot about it. i know there is no price when it comes to safety but dang. Im starting to wonder how people see out of these cars. its on stands, but there is no seeing over the nose the way the seat is leaning back to clear. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me since i am new and never been in a car before?

they are tough to see out of, air filter is about as far as you see, you get use to the distance ,wait till it rocks up on the left and you cant see the guys roof next to ya, they cars are pretty much feel, some guys never get use to it. just have fun.