FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 6, 2016

Jason Hughes Tops Doug Murphrey Memorial

Westville, Oklahoma (07/06/16) – Jason Hughes added another accolade to his list of career accomplishments by powering his West Siloam Pawn #12 Hughes/Mullins Racing Engine Modified to the $5,000 win in the 9th Annual Doug Murphrey Memorial. The triumph was his first in the special event, which is held each year at Ark-La-Tex Speedway.

With the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) having an off week, Jason Hughes headed to Salina Highbanks Speedway (Pryor Creek, Oklahoma) on Saturday night. Competing in a field of 38 entries, Hughes recorded a 4th-place finish in his heat, which locked him into the A-Main. Working his way into the Top 5 in the feature, Jason registered a 4th-place finish behind Chad Wheeler, Rodney Sanders, and Jeremy Rasmussen with Mitch Keeter coming in 5th.

Sunday night brought Hughes to Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, Louisiana) for the 9th Annual COMP Cams Doug Murphrey Memorial. Drawing a stacked field of 52 Open Wheel Modifieds, Jason found himself in victory lane at the end of the night. Competing for a $5,000 payday in the feature, Jason Hughes stormed to his 10th win of the season with Cade Dillard, Chris Henigan, Wes Armstrong, and David Winslett trailing him across the finish line.

“This is a race that I’ve been wanting to win for almost ten years now, so it’s special to finally win it,” said Hughes. “This was a really tough field of cars tonight, but we had a really good car. I want to thank my crew, sponsors, and fans.”

Complete results from these events can be found at www.SalinaHighbanksSpeedway.com and www.ArkLaTexSpeedway.com .

Jason will enjoy a break from racing this coming weekend before returning to competition on July 14-16 with a trio of USMTS events. On Friday, June 14 the action opens at Dodge County Speedway (Kasson, Minnesota) before moving to Fayette County Speedway (West Union, Iowa) the next night. The weekend draws to a close on Saturday, June 16 at I-35 Speedway (Winston, Missouri). For more information on the events, please visit www.USMTS.com .

Jason Hughes would like to thank his sponsors including Cates Recycling, Pig-N-Out, Red Tail Tackle, AFCO Brakes, West Siloam Pawn, Gressel Racing, Hughes Racing Chassis, Mullins Race Engines, D and G Directional Drilling, 45 Pipeline Services, JRI Shocks, Hanson Tire Service, Braka Operating, Sunoco Race Fuels, Mert's Truck Center, SAEF Custom Finishing, Wheeler Metals Rainbow Graphics, Hooker Harness, Quarter Master, Beyea Custom Headers, Ultra-Shield Race Products, MB Machine & Tool, T&D Machine Products, Callies, Quick Car Racing Products, Dan Olson Racing Products, FSR Radiators & Racing Products, Tiger Rear Ends, Driven Racing Oil, Sweet Mfg, Real Racing Wheels, Rod End Supply, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jason Hughes, please visit www.JasonHughes12.com .