For Immediate Release
July 6, 2016

Riley Hickman Takes Three Wins in Weekend Action

Cleveland, Tennessee (07/06/16) – Tennessee’s Riley Hickman recorded a trio of wins over the course of the Independence Day weekend in his Hickman Manufacturing #R1 Late Model entries.

Pulling double duty, Riley Hickman opened an ultra-busy weekend by making the trip to Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Alabama) on Friday night. Drawing 29 Crate Late Models for the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series event, Hickman timed in 2nd quick behind Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), which earned him the 2nd-starting spot for the feature in his #R1 Club 29 entry. Taking the lead on lap 27, Riley held off the field for the remaining 13 laps to record his 11th win of the season with Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Cruz Skinner, Will Roland, and Scott Dedwylder trailing him across the finish line. Hickman pocketed a $2,000 payday for his triumph in the Freedom 40 A-Main.

During the same night Hickman was one of 16 competitors signed in for the 30-lap A-Main in the Super Late Model division. Storming to his second win of the night and 12th on the season, Riley led every lap of the A-Main in his #R1 CVR hot rod with Tim Roszell, Terry Smith, Mark Bangs, and Jason Wilson rounding out the Top 5.

Competing in two divisions on Saturday night, Riley traveled to Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Georgia) for the Southern All Star Series sanctioned event. With 28 cars registered, Hickman landed a podium finish in the Roscoe Smith Shootout. Jumping to the lead early in the A-Main, Riley lost the top spot on lap 10 and would go on to notch a 3rd-place finish in the 44-lapper behind Casey Roberts and Michael Page with Tyler Millwood and Todd Morrow rounding out the Top 5.

In the Crate Late Model division Hickman topped a field of 16 cars in the A-Main to capture his 13th victory of the season over Craig Scott, Matt Black, Marty Lunsford, and Corey Payton.

Competing in only his Super Late Model on Sunday, Hickman headed to Cochran Motor Speedway (Cochran, Georgia) for the 4th of July Spectacular. Timing in 5th fastest in a field of 15 cars, Riley earned the 5th-starting spot for the Southern All Star Series sanctioned A-Main. Dropping two positions in the main event, Riley Hickman registered a 7th-place outing.

“It was a pretty good weekend for our team,” said Hickman. “We may have let a win slip away, but to win three races isn’t bad at all. I just want to thank my family, my crew, my sponsors, and my fans for their support and hard work.”

Complete results from these events can be found at www.NeSmithRacing.com , www.TalladegaShortTrack.com , and www.SASDirt.com .

Hickman is currently unsure of where he will race this weekend. Point your browsers to www.RileyHickman.com for the latest team news.

Riley Hickman would like to thank all of his sponsors including Hickman Manufacturing Company, American Billet, RH Designs, CVR Race Cars, Austin Trucking, A-1 Towing and Recovery, Competition Racing Equipment, MRC Racing Components, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Performance Masters Inc., All-Star Graphix, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Hoosier Racing Tires, JRI Shocks, VP Race Fuels, Comp Cams, Weld Wheels, FSR Racing Products, Design 500, Fel-Pro, KRC Power Steering, Wiles Racing Drive Shafts, Old Man’s Garage, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Riley Hickman, please visit www.RileyHickman.com .