Thread: front sway bar

Question front sway bar

Ok, tell me about front sway bars. I have been told to tie them down on the right and others say on the left. What is the right setup for a front sway bar on a metric Monte Carlo?

We ran one when we raced a street stock class years ago. Ran 350lb springs and a big bar 1.25". Didn't do anything else really expect spring rubbers in RF. Won many races that year.

How do you setup a front sway-bar? Do you mount both ends tight or let one end float? If so, which end is tight? We have one car running a sway-bar on the front and one that does not. The car with the sway-bar has a lot stiffer springs that the one without. The sway-bar was on the car when we got it. It handles great but so does the other car, just ot quit as great.

Does anyone run a front sway bar on dirt. not very many replies here.

without bar ,some racers run a bolt under left upper control arm that is adjustable . helps keep some weight transfer off right rear coming off turns , tightens car off

no bar on dirt unless your track is like asphalt

rf has long bolt and spacer in between bar and upper.. lf has loose bolt that thru it and a arm and you can tighten it up for pre load, if your gonna run one when I ran asphalt I always started with the lf 1/8 loose..