Default Strange oval axles

I just have a quick question about strange oval kera axles do they work and are they worth the money? Any thoughts. Thanks a head of time

Quote Originally Posted by modracer18 View Post
    I just have a quick question about strange oval kera axles do they work and are they worth the money? Any thoughts. Thanks a head of time
    Think about this for a minute. There are several "springs" in your driveline. The crankshaft, the u joints, the drive shaft, the pinion shaft, the axles, the tire sidewall. Which spring is much softer than the rest? (The tire)
    We calculate dual spring rate systems as spring A*spring B/(spring A+spring B).

Lets plug in A=1000 and B=100

The answer is 90.9.

Lets double the stiff spring. (A=2000, B=100)

The answer is 95.

Now double the soft one. (A=1000, B=200)

The answer is 166.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Please explain

Quote Originally Posted by drivingexcitement View Post
    Please explain
    You have a bunch of torsional springs in series. Changing the stiffness of one of the stiffer parts (the axle) is going to do very little.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

tired them, made a difference. Made my car loose. went back to standard. $250 per axle cost to much to fine tune for me. I have 2 in my trailer if your interested PM me and ill get you length and size
    Chris Zogg

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin Iowan View Post
    tired them, made a difference. Made my car loose. went back to standard. $250 per axle cost to much to fine tune for me. I have 2 in my trailer if your interested PM me and ill get you length and size
    Back to Back on a test day?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

no, ran half a year at the same track, making adjustments and just couldnt get car right. on all track conditions. changed axles went back to base setup then made same adjustments on all track conditions and the car was tighter. my biggest problem was i went with the suggested axles from the speed shop and he was putting smaller LR axles in then RR. It made the car rotate too much and i couldnt adjust out of it. and with my rearend being offset I couldnt just swap axles and was not going to spend $250 for another one. These might work for others but 90% of the time i dont need my car to rotate better.
    Chris Zogg

The point of them is to make the car rotate better... with less stagger etc. Sounds like your saying they worked perfectly for you.

I used a different brand with a centered rear and the same diameter both sides and the car was faster on entry and exit especially on the dry.They DO twist

They work well for me in a stockcar.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    The point of them is to make the car rotate better... with less stagger etc. Sounds like your saying they worked perfectly for you.
    Are they not advertised as a way to balance out torque steer upon acceleration?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Are they not advertised as a way to balance out torque steer upon acceleration?

yes and they worked perfectly for him he did not shove the nose, his car was loose, he can buy another one and straighten it up some if he chooses, they work exactly like they say its not rocket science. Not that you really care you just want to argue with me for some reason, you should try getting a life.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    yes and they worked perfectly for him he did not shove the nose, his car was loose, he can buy another one and straighten it up some if he chooses, they work exactly like they say its not rocket science. Not that you really care you just want to argue with me for some reason, you should try getting a life.
    Don't flatter yourself. I thought you spoke of entry, not exit. And those effects would be opposite. Trying to gather info here.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-14-2016 at 10:11 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Don't flatter yourself. I thought you spoke of entry, not exit. And those effects would be opposite. Trying to gather info here.
    bahaha, everyone has seen your m.o on here, you follow me around like a lap dog looking for a treat. people aren't that naïve.

Ill block you, so I wont have to deal with your stupidity in the future. adios

You are special. I didn't even know you were still here.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

You are special. I didn't even know you were still here.
    But.... amazingly you replied right away to nitpick the first post Ive made in a month or so, haha.