Thumbs up Where is the Chattanooga Flash?

I haven't seen Ronnie Johnson's name in the past few weeks when I look up race results on 4m. Does anyone know where he has been racing? Thanks for any information.

I've been wondering the same thing. Sure miss RJ5 running at NGS

Defending 2015 Nesmith Champion is running the series, Penton AL and Phenix City last few weeks.

Yes, I knew that he was last year's champion. I guess that I just missed the story if one was posted. Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated! Flash 'em Ronnie!

Ronnie is currently 5th in NeSmith points...he has always been a dam good driver and one of the nicest drvers Ive ever met

Thanks for the information because I was wondering where he was

he was at TST at the nesmith race a while back in a no. 19 car , didnt run good at all, i guess its some times hard to back up a year like he had last year , plus ole RJ is getting a little age on him, like me......

I thought the 19 car was a slm he ran every once in awhile?

Austin Trucking sponsored the A19 at one time ... I don't know if they still do.
    Last edited by RJ5Fans; 07-11-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Dirtdobber, I met him through my Dad at a race probably 35 years ago. Yes, great guy and supremely talented driver. He's done more with less than most anyone in the history of the sport, wouldn't you agree? FLASH 'EM RJ!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I thought the 19 car was a slm he ran every once in awhile?
    The A19 is a steel head car they run in late model quite a bit. Little John Ownbey has driving it a good bit here recently

Quote Originally Posted by RJ5Fans View Post
    Dirtdobber, I met him through my Dad at a race probably 35 years ago. Yes, great guy and supremely talented driver. He's done more with less than most anyone in the history of the sport, wouldn't you agree? FLASH 'EM RJ!
    O yeah he has. Every time he came to either one of the tracks near here we would go help him out cause he would show up by himself. Seemed like it tickled him to death to see us. Helped change a tranny at Volunteer with him one night..it was cool.

you are defiantly correct with that assessment, i saw him show up at the ice bowl at TST back in the late 90s with an old beat up chevy pick up and a open trailer you would never think would make it from Chattanooga, and out run every one there till the drive shaft came out with a few laps to go. ive been by his shop several times over the years and never felt more welcome anywhere.

Yes, always fun to go by the shop! GO RJ5!

Yes, always fun to go by the shop! GO RJ5!
    yep, i love looking at all the stuff hanging on the wall from him and his dad, place is defiantly a dirt museum. im going up in the smokey,s this week end to ride my bike a few days, i may stop by tomorrow and see how ole RJ is getting along.......