Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Post Bloomquist and McDowell, Juggernaut in the making or Titans United!?

From the on track performance and the post race it sounds like the making of a Super-Powerhouse. McDowell was pivotal back in early 00's in bringing Larry Shaw back from the brink and I think pairing with Sweet/Bloomquist/Zero with the McDowell's may be a Performance Tempest of Epic and Legendary Proportions... Instead of a Clash of the Titans, it Titan's United. Should be something to see. Davenports misfortune continues, Lanigan continues to struggle and it just seems nobody right now has any momentum to compare with Team Zero. Love him or hate him the dude knows how to get it done, time and again.

Agree. I believe this is a great paring and going to be a good year for McDowell, has already been a good year for Bloomquist.

This means that Team 0 will be in the World 100 and McDowell is good there.

Wasn't Dale in a Warrior at the Dream? He was stout there also.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    If memory serves, Mcdowell got the Zero in the off season, but didn't debut it till this weekend. He also debuted a new engine package, a Clements. He'd been using ECR power the last several years since he and his brother work for RCR, no idea why the change... The car looked flawless, not a single misplaced tire the whole way. This is a lethal combination.

Dale is top notch driver. Really like to see Dale stick with the bloomer chassis for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    If memory serves, Mcdowell got the Zero in the off season, but didn't debut it till this weekend. He also debuted a new engine package, a Clements. He'd been using ECR power the last several years since he and his brother work for RCR, no idea why the change... The car looked flawless, not a single misplaced tire the whole way. This is a lethal combination.
    Yea because he was or still is driving for Team Dillion Racing. Did they split or are they still involved. I was told Richard Childress is very fond of Dale. Dale also helps a lot of drivers in RCRs driver development program and a few race at Boyd's that Dale runs quite a bit.

Dale with that combo of car and motor is going to be a problem for a lot of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Yes and they (team Dillon) still have the Warrior and a couple of other different chassis in their stable... they like to have variety lol

Was he on GW's or Penske's? Anybody know?

They just got the car about 3 weeks ago and got it put together tried to get it done for the dream but it didn't work out did not want rush it and something not be right but anyway it's good so far.

Its all nascar politics. Mark martin, childress
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Don't forget the Labonte.

If you listen to some of the latest interviews with Mark Martin he says he has no desire to ever be involved in anyway with NASCAR ever again. When he drove the pace car at Charlotte for the 600 that was the first time he had been to a NASCAR track since his last race nor had any contact with any NASCAR officials since. He doesn't have much contact with current drivers/owners or past drivers/owners.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    If you listen to some of the latest interviews with Mark Martin he says he has no desire to ever be involved in anyway with NASCAR ever again. When he drove the pace car at Charlotte for the 600 that was the first time he had been to a NASCAR track since his last race nor had any contact with any NASCAR officials since. He doesn't have much contact with current drivers/owners or past drivers/owners.
    When he says hes walking away he really means it lol

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Don't forget the Labonte.
    That doesn't count lol.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He didn't get it then, as one of the last posters said, before The Dream is when he got it, and so it wasn't up to snuff.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I think it's very beneficial to both. Shane and Dale are very smart and low key, the polar opposite of Scott. So it should be a good combo as far as a different perspective. We shall see if they can get along well enough for it to survive. And they drive very similar.

Though, look a few years back, the Bloomer cars were the hot ticket, and then, when he decided he needed to get back to his own program, poof, done. So we shall see. Do I think Dale and Shane are a great asset, he!! yes. The most respected people he has ever had in his cars too.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 07-10-2016 at 06:07 PM.

For years, anytime the 17m rolled into any track, they where a contender. no matter what kind of car they had. I don't look for that to change because he is running a Bloomquist car. I will admit that winning right out of the box, has to be good for confidence, but how much confidence does a Dale MCdowel need? He has talent and experience.

I've been wondering for the last year-plus why the Sweet-Bloomquist chassis hasn't taken off on the national scene. This may be the beginning if Dale and Jared continue running up front with Scott. The late model world needs parity on the chassis side. Everyone running to Longhorns, Disco cars, and now Victory isn't good for things.