Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which state the best/biggest modified races/drivers?

Just wanted to see everyone's opinion on this. There is alot of states that have good mod competition as well as drivers. Which state do you think has the best?

depends on what sanction

usmts is the lucas woo on mods

great for a support class plus you mis read the question unless you are a state of confusion

[QUOTE=old fan;2022590]great for a support class plus you mis read the question unless you are a state of confusion[/Q
    what sanction is only in one state old fart

what state does ustms run oh wait they are a nationally ran sanction which is not part of the question re read the question

wow, no topics for a while and now we see why....I'd pick Indiana because I like the Merrill Downey Memorial Race $4,444 at Lawrenceburg also Ignite Ethanol Race $3,000 at Montpelier (UMP) - I'd be curious to see which state has the highest paying big event total. DoD did this a while back for Late Models and Ohio topped the charts

If I had to guess thinkstomuch, I would say Illinois tops the charts with the big events. FALS alone has 6 shows this year that pays $1000 to win or more including the $10000 to win mod show Labor Day Weekend. if their is a state with more, I'm not sure who it would be.

Illinois for sure. Especially just east of St. Louis. Its probably the hardest competition around.

Mod, mania in september 3 thur 4 friday 5 sat with late mids for a support class and then fals big shows it isn't just the pay but the format

Man you guys must live under a rock. Over here in Iowa we have 2 $10,000 to win IMCA open motor shows. IMCA rules except for the crates. Plus night of 1000 and 10,000 stars at britt. Plus the countless 1K-5K to win shows during the year. And the Supernationals in Boone. Pulls in over 200 Mods alone. We have some of the best in the country. You could also say we have the biggest whiners in the country too. Keeps it entertaining.

but its IMCA we are talking real mods lol the only crates around is b mods

The original question was which state. Didn't say anything about sanctions. Doesn't matter what sanction. If he wanted to know he would've just asked which sanction has the highest paying mod shows. Some IMCA mods can clearly put a whooping on UMP mods. Even with a claimer motor.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    but its IMCA we are talking real mods lol the only crates around is b mods
    LOL. We have them in everything. Home of truck motor racing!

which have their purpose but every class that doesn't make much sense

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    The original question was which state. Didn't say anything about sanctions. Doesn't matter what sanction. If he wanted to know he would've just asked which sanction has the highest paying mod shows. Some IMCA mods can clearly put a whooping on UMP mods. Even with a claimer motor.
    must be some pretty poor UMP MODS can those mods put a whooping on hoffmans poel long Harrison Bollinger I THINK NOT
    Last edited by old fan; 07-13-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Poel is old news. He doesn't have what he used to anymore

I believe he has won a couple this year but carry on and just won his heat at merritt
    Last edited by old fan; 07-14-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Poel is old news. He doesn't have what he used to anymore
    Ya wasnt it the front end that they found way to wide and made him change it. After that no more winning everything. Its a lot tougher to win all the time with a legal car.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQ View Post
    Ya wasnt it the front end that they found way to wide and made him change it. After that no more winning everything. Its a lot tougher to win all the time with a legal car.
    I'm not sure. He was running a Rocket by Brian Ruhlman chassis. He isnt running it now. I'm pretty sure it was sold but i dont remember who to. I was referring to motor wise.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 07-15-2016 at 06:38 AM.