Thread: Help !!! Please

Default Help !!! Please

I have been dirt racing for a long time. I built this new 1986 monte Carlo and I can't catch my butt with both hands. It's a open motor 54% left side. 53% rear Cross 55% left wheel bite is 240lb. Left front 1000 right front 1200. Right rear is 13" 225. Left rear is 16" 175. H500 tires and no grooving .Car gets in good but cant drive it in hard. Once it's in its loose all the way to exit Just have to peddle it even on a tacky track. First time I ever ran that tall left rear spring and not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing .It's NOT so tight that it gets loose. It is 7 out of 10 loose. Don't even think you can stab it because it will dump you. I have a few wins in my carrier but I can't wrap my head around this car. Total weight is 3200 lbs. any suggestions would be appreciated. Anyone got a base set up you could suggest. I race in Mississippi and I don't run much other places .The track gets black black slick and it's like a paper clip. Long stright aways and sharp corners

Might try to go up in the lf 100-50 lbs front split is ideal. And try a softer rr also 240lbs might be to much I would start at say 150

Thank you. How soft have you ever heard of people running on the front ?

Thank you again !!!

I know of a couple guys that run 850 across the front, but they only run dry tracks so I'm not sure how it would handle on a heavier track.Also we have found that 54.5- 55 rear car was good. More rear will tighten you up coming off but if your not careful with where you put the weight it could also make you feel loose. I know that weight has a big part of how the car reacts try moving it up or down/ side to side. We try to keep out weight in the center of the car or high. It helps promote side bite.
    Last edited by Bdcase19; 07-28-2016 at 10:50 AM.