Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You think you have it bad

I was in the ICU been there 7 days ,,Can not eat or drink..Food goes in one arm and drink in the other .. Well it was in my foot the other arm had gave out for drink...
    Been there 7 days and the Doc came in.. I asked him give it to me the truth..Doc says.... Worst case you dont make it out of here over the next week...Or to make it short I die.....
    Doc then says.....Best case you go home and you go maybe 6 to 8 mouths and have a relapse and you are back here...I said that $ucks.. the Doc LOL you have a way with words Gary.. well I got good enuff to go home.. Had a 7 pound pack on my back too feed me . But I could drink water Man that was grate.. After 5 weeks of food on the arm .. one day I could eat food it take 3 hours too eat lunch ... Got it down too a hour too eat a Hamburger.. Life was good got to go back too the race track things were great Doc says I was the first ever too improve this much....
    Will that was 6 years ago.. My change of making it 6 years 5%
    The best thing now is eating is not too hard too do...But now my skin is falling off.. the left side of my face has stop working most of the time....Can not stand more the 30 min.. going too a race just cant make the body work and the pain is so bad......So the next time YOU think you have a bad day come on here and tell he about the race you went to and how great it was ... Cause I get off on knowing my fiends can still go to the races and have fun....I have learned to live with what God has giving me...Now I will go back too being a key board Jockey cause its all I have left
    .................................................. ......Thank you Gary

I'm sorry, man.

Gary, that is a story that tugs at the heart strings. I promise we will say a prayer for you from time to time and I hope to God our prayers help in some way.

What you describe sure puts things into perspective in reference to what is really important in this life.

I'd would normally say hang tough, but coming from me it doesn't carry much weight in comparison to what you have and are enduring. You've already toughed it out more than I can imagine.

Best of luck in the future, sir.

wow, my heart goes out to you. thoughts and prayers for you Cardirt0

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    I was in the ICU been there 7 days ,,Can not eat or drink..Food goes in one arm and drink in the other .. Well it was in my foot the other arm had gave out for drink...
    Been there 7 days and the Doc came in.. I asked him give it to me the truth..Doc says.... Worst case you dont make it out of here over the next week...Or to make it short I die.....
    Doc then says.....Best case you go home and you go maybe 6 to 8 mouths and have a relapse and you are back here...I said that $ucks.. the Doc LOL you have a way with words Gary.. well I got good enuff to go home.. Had a 7 pound pack on my back too feed me . But I could drink water Man that was grate.. After 5 weeks of food on the arm .. one day I could eat food it take 3 hours too eat lunch ... Got it down too a hour too eat a Hamburger.. Life was good got to go back too the race track things were great Doc says I was the first ever too improve this much....
    Will that was 6 years ago.. My change of making it 6 years 5%
    The best thing now is eating is not too hard too do...But now my skin is falling off.. the left side of my face has stop working most of the time....Can not stand more the 30 min.. going too a race just cant make the body work and the pain is so bad......So the next time YOU think you have a bad day come on here and tell he about the race you went to and how great it was ... Cause I get off on knowing my fiends can still go to the races and have fun....I have learned to live with what God has giving me...Now I will go back too being a key board Jockey cause its all I have left
    .................................................. ......Thank you Gary
    Good luck. Hope your able to make it to a few more races.
    This is one reason why I have basically stopped bashing tracks or drivers.
    It just isn't worth it any more.
    Might as well try to live life to the fullest and be happy with the family and friend you do have.
    I've told people many times; my family and friends mean more to me they any amount of money and am thankful for that.
    Just be thankful for what you do have and are able to do
    There is always some else out there who has it worse then you do.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Sorry to hear about your health problems.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Hold your head up Gary, you have put in a good fight....you are a good guy, the one race I got to attend at Farmer City this year, I stopped, walked up to your spot on the third turn fence and wondered how you were doing. Hang in there old friend!
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

Where's Dirt on Dirt and LucasTV on this site, I know they read it...give this guy a free login so he can watch all the races possible from home.

What you are going through sucks for you and your loved ones. Thanks for sharing and I hope you can enjoy this great sport until the end!

Prayers to you and yours!

agreeing with moto hope someone helps2 get u some dod. prayers to you.

totally agree I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU GARY
    Last edited by old fan; 07-12-2016 at 06:51 PM.

never met you in person, but have known you on here for quite a while, good luck buddy.....

I have been waiting for a kidney transplant for 5 year's.. and have been on p d dialysis for 2 year's.. my treatment's are every day for 10 hrs.. have not been to the race's in 2 year's !.. one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peal !.. sure do miss the races !

We all have to die of something...

That is totally uncalled for

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    Some people's souls are already dead.......even when they are alive^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations on sewing up that douchebag of the year award so early in the season.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Prayers to you Gary. Where do you live? I know Eldora still has turn 2 vehicle parking where you can sit in your vehicle and tune the radio to 87.9 and listen to the tracks announcers. Everyone needs to stop and think how bad things could really be instead of whining when things don't turn out how we think they should.

I don't know you personally but don't have to I will be praying for you and I will have our church pray for you God help us look at us complain about life
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by XRACER1993 View Post
    I have been waiting for a kidney transplant for 5 year's.. and have been on p d dialysis for 2 year's.. my treatment's are every day for 10 hrs.. have not been to the race's in 2 year's !.. one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peal !.. sure do miss the races !
    Had a friend that has too go too dialysis man that $ucks his arms were a bruised all the time I feel for you Xracer ... Know how you feel...I pray you get a Kidney soon...There Hope for you ...

Thanks too all of you .. This is what you can do for ME...
    Help 4M to be a fun place too be .. TRY too be a little nicer too each other .. Just dont respond too a$$holes like oldfart50.. This is 1 of few place I can still go...pFan is not a bad guy he just is for a kid that needs too grow up some.. pFAN WE dont hate him... Just sometimes we ant happy with Him.... Make this place to for people to come too and Disagree one day and agree the next day... I bet If we do, we will all Like this place a lot more......... Gary
    one day soon what I have will hit my lungs..Doc told me and I know its coming when it does my lungs will stop working for maybe just 1 or 2 min .. well we all know what that means....

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    You are the most inconciderate #&@?#$*&!@$ basterd that ever lived. To post something like that is totally unexceptible. You did this to another member on here. You should be banned for comments like yours!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!