FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 12, 2016

Dale McDowell Enjoys Sweet Debut; Wythe Raceway Up Next

Welcome, North Carolina (07/12/16) – There were no new-car blues for Dale McDowell on Saturday night as he visited victory lane in his maiden voyage in his Sweet-Bloomquist #17m Team Dillon Racing/ Bad Boy Off Road/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model. The $12,000 triumph came with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) at Smoky Mountain Speedway.

“I have been looking forward to working with Scott (Bloomquist),” said McDowell in victory lane. “We were both on slightly different set-ups tonight. Our driving styles are a lot alike. Coming to this track and not knowing what to change on this new car; I didn’t change anything. I hope he can learn from that, and I hope that I can learn as well. A big thanks to all of the fans, our sponsors, and to Lucas Oil for putting on this show.”

Piloting his brand new Sweet Bloomquist Race Car #17M Super Late Model, Dale McDowell and Team Dillon Racing headed to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) on Saturday night for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) sanctioned event. Storming to a heat race win in a field of thirty cars, McDowell earned the pole position starting spot for the Mountain Moonshine Classic A-Main. Leading from flag-to-flag, Dale paced the field for 60-laps to capture his third victory of the season. Jared Landers, Scott Bloomquist, Tim McCreadie, and Steve Francis completed the Top 5. Dale pocketed a $12,000 payday for his triumph in the feature event.

Full results from these events are available at www.LucasDirt.com.
Dale is slated to next return to action this Saturday night with a trip to Wythe Raceway (Rural Retreat, Virginia) to compete in the opener for the 12th annual Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals. The event posts a $10,000 top prize. For more information on the events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Team Dillon Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors and marketing partners including Boydbilt Fabrication, Bad Boy Off Road, University of Northwestern Ohio, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Warrior Race Cars, ECR Engines-Chevrolet, Clements Race Engines-Chevrolet, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Cometic Gaskets, FK Rod Ends, Integra Shocks, Schoenfeld Headers, Keyser Manufacturing, TWM, All Star Performance, FSR Racing Products, Hoosier Tire, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Racing Wheels, Butlerbuilt Seats, GW Performance, Mark IV ATV's, Racing Optics, Winters Rearends, QuarterMaster, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Team Dillon Racing please visit www.TeamDillonRacing.com .