Default Some Promoters Still Put in the Effort, They Are Deserving of Our Support

During my annual week of criss-crossing the state of Illinois last week it was really nice to see that some tracks do still care about us and put in the effort to put on good shows for us, even when mother nature presents serious challenges to them.

#FALS - Went there Saturday for a regular show after Pevely cancelled and I couldn't believe it was only $10 to see a show at the best track in America. They put in as much effort into their surface for regular shows as they do their big shows. After the cushion was a foot high they watered the track again. No dust all night long. What a racetrack. Every promoter in America could learn something from them.

LaSalle - You could tell that Tony had been prepping the track for several days prior to the Summer Nationals show. That was as close to a perfect racing surface as you could get. It was also one of the most efficient shows I have ever seen. It was one of the best overall racing programs I have ever witnessed.

Macon - With the amount of rain that fell that morning Sarg could have taken the easy route that 80% of the promoters today would have taken and cancelled. Instead he had the entire facility tilled and drying when I got there at 1:00. The track was superb all night long.

Peoria - With the track infield turned into a pond they too could have easily pulled the plug. Instead they raced and the track was the raciest I have ever seen it.

Farmer City - A relentless track prep effort throughout the night provided the best racing I have ever seen there. It was some of the best racing of the entire tour.

Highland - Known for being a one-groover on the bottom, they worked on the high side throughout the night and had 2 grooves throughout the entire program.

I'm a strong believer that not all promoters deserve our support just because they try to operate a racetrack. Some of them simply have no business operating a racetrack. My belief is that the hard working promoters that care about us should get our support. I would gladly support any of the tracks listed above again because they try their best to put on a show for us and they deserve our support.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 07-12-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Great post! This is the stuff I like reading. Also helps that I live in the middle of all of those tracks and think they are the only thing Illinois has going for it. Illinois is the hot bed for dirt late model drivers and tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp0354 View Post
    Great post! This is the stuff I like reading. Also helps that I live in the middle of all of those tracks and think they are the only thing Illinois has going for it. Illinois is the hot bed for dirt late model drivers and tracks.
    Consider yourself lucky. It would take me an entire year of attending races in the Ohio Valley to see as much quality racing as I saw in 1 week in Illinois.

People like to blame social media for giving their racetracks a bad reputation, but the tracks are the ones that fuel that fire so I don't agree with that. But let's not just bombard a track's Facebook page with comments when they screw up, let's also post comments when they go the extra mile. Each of the Facebook pages of tracks above should have been full of positive comments and appreciation.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 07-12-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks For The Kind words Gear_Head, everyone at the above mentioned tracks appreciates your comments more than you will ever know. When we read comments like this, thats our motivation to keep working hard. We all take pride in giving everyone a good surface and a well run program. Thanks Again and come back anytime.

Gear head. Thank you for your post. Tony Joey myself and many other spent a lot of hour the 2 weeks before the race getting every ready. Post like yours and the positive comments we got keep us on a good note for the next event.Hope to see everyone Aug 6th for our IMCA One Night Stand. From now to then get out and support your local tracks and keep racing aliveEddie WolfLaSalle Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by Racelasalle View Post
    Gear head. Thank you for your post. Tony Joey myself and many other spent a lot of hour the 2 weeks before the race getting every ready. Post like yours and the positive comments we got keep us on a good note for the next event.Hope to see everyone Aug 6th for our IMCA One Night Stand. From now to then get out and support your local tracks and keep racing aliveEddie WolfLaSalle Speedway
    I really wish the Imca race was a different weekend. Runs against Cedar Lake. I hope this show (IMCA) works out for you with much success!!!!

This post also shows these tracks are paying attention and listening.