Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

"68" Chevelle, 427 open chamber.. machine work by Sontag Speed Supply.. 13 "oscar's", ticket's..in one year..lol.. over 500+ hp..on the dyno.. back in the early 70"s :-) truck coil's, ladder bars.. !

a 1995 larry shaw square tube chassis that i put a stock torino snub on it and and won 13 in a row. Now this was a steel head limited class, but it is hard to win 13 in a row in any class or form of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by XRACER1993 View Post
    "68" Chevelle, 427 open chamber.. machine work by Sontag Speed Supply.. 13 "oscar's", ticket's..in one year..lol.. over 500+ hp..on the dyno.. back in the early 70"s :-) truck coil's, ladder bars.. !
    I remember I believe Chris Sontag had a Chevelle that ran pretty good on the streets. Around the mid ninetys?

A buddy of mine made a memory one night in Joliet on Houlbolt rd and not in a good way!

First "new" car as a married man . . . 1975 Olds Cutlass Salon. Can't even imagine a more dependable, good riding car.

First "new" car as a single man . . .1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport . . . COPO color and engine.

Best pickup . . . a Chevy LUV (Isuzu) . . . one tough little, inexpensive hombre!

Best car I've ever owned.

I read that as what gave me (and the wife) the best value and dependability for what we put in. When we first got married she had one of those Chevy Novas which was actually a Toyota Corolla with Nova sheet metal. It was little four door with a five speed and it got great mileage and was fun to drive with the manual. I gotta say with all the vehicles we owned through the years that one was a world beater. Other than new tires, oil changes and maybe a new muffler it didn't cost much to operate. We put about 180,000 miles on it and sold it to a kid going to college and he put another gob load of miles on it. We started having kids and just needed bigger. It was a great little ride. Took us to a lot of race tracks too.

After we had a family and had to do the minivan thing we wound up owning a few different ones. Best of the lot was a 2003 Honda Odyssey. That was another low cost to operate and very dependable ride which only required maintenance on consumable items. For a minivan it actually had decent performance from a 3.5 and it handled very well.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Boy, this site has gone down the cr@pper when the only active thread for the day is 10 years old, brought to the top by a spammer.
    8/13/16

Interesting read/reread during the "dead" spot. Flo won't put anything of interest on right now . . . at least to me.

Long live the days of Cardirt0! 🏁

I would have thought by now that the "KARENS" of 4m would have been out in force several posts ago lobbying for this all to be in the Tailgate section? LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Boy, this site has gone down the cr@pper when the only active thread for the day is 10 years old, brought to the top by a spammer.
    It's finally the off season. No news is coming in. I thought this was an interesting read. Seeing some of the old screen names was kind of a flashback.

Fav. ? Never, give me a couple bucks more than I pd for it and down the road it went. Chevy's with horsepower when gas was cheap and compression was king. The LS motors came out and corvettes where king in my book.
    64 vette drop top 327 375 HP boy I was I still had that one. Speed and drum brakes, BAD
    65 CP 396 425 HP Humm maybe I should have kept that one
    70 LT-1 HUMMM, Naaa.
    73 454 to much smog garbage
    82 boring automatic
    99 C5 took a long break after that 82 kids
    2007 Z-O6 atomic orange, what a beast, boy I enjoyed that one, a lot. Top speed, dependent on the size of your marbles
    Speed freak, lol, yup.
    Taken Me Broke, across the rear taillight panel 1971 split bumper Z-28, 468 cubes all aluminum Merlin big block, 2 sp powerglide, 9" ford with 5.13 gears. Used to drive this one to work. Street racing 1/8 mile back in the day , car made me what was good money back in the day. Remember my first line, after a street race 1 evening guy walked up to me and asked what it would take to buy it. I mentioned cash talks and it would take a lot. The next Friday he showed with a lot of cash. Car went on to 1/8 and 1/4 mile trailer queen for a long and rather successful career.

Post 1988 Yugo GVX Eurosport

Definitely my 1988 Yugo GVX Eurosport with the factory aerodynamic body kit for extra downforce... The rear window defroster even kept my hands warm when I was pushing it!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Storms View Post
    76 trans Am, raced it out at Freeport speedway one night when they wasn't open... Smile
    Did you lay down some pretty lap times ? ?

79 Toyota 4x4
    14" lift
    17/40 Ground Hawgs!

Question

Probably not, but when it came over the police scanner that there was an occupant on the racetrack, after hours, I was hauling the mail down route 20.....
    At a high rate of gas consumption, I presume ? ?

Question

90% of the time it seems like. Gas and getting bailed out was cheap, back then... Smirk
    Funny that ! I would have never thunk that you had been a Jailbird earlier in life ?

Question

[QUOTE=Rich_Storms;2480920]^Never said they caught me, that time. SmileJust sayin', the penalties were affordable back then...

1987 Monte Carlo SS fastback. White with burgundy pinstripes and T-tops. Wore that bastard out then totaled it.
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

1957 Chevy, 2 door hard top, black with red interior, sure wish I had it back...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!