Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Best car you have Owned

I had a 70 AMX 390 Penske Hurst with side pipes ram air Hood 2 tone,,,1 of 8 made.. wish I had it to day In fair c would be worth over 200000 bucks.. man that was a car.. 1 of only 2 new cars I have Owned..

Best truck I have Own was a 65 GMC Van had a stroked 337 Chevy with a Tunnel ram.. roller cam and it would pull 6 foot Wheelys run 10.15 in the 1/4 mile.. Bad a$$ van....

1965 candy apple rad GTO 400 full race cam 3 duces positive traction 4 speed
    I am what I am

1978 Pontiac Formula Firebird, got it for graduating High school and it had a blown engine. Spent the summer earning money to build/rebuild it.
    350 .030, double humps, Reed 280 Torque Master cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Carter AFB carb.
    Not crazy fast, but surprising. Had it up over 140 mph a couple times and she was still pulling. I miss that car, I sold it way too cheap. She was surprisingly easy on gas but she did need premium.

Best car ever owned is a very modest1999 Isuzu rodeo 5 spd 4wd..........truly the ride I could not kill and took very little maintenance that I couldn't do.

Drove it as a father raising two active kids.......

Not very manly,huh?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Best car ever owned is a very modest1999 Isuzu rodeo 5 spd 4wd..........truly the ride I could not kill and took very little maintenance that I couldn't do.

Not very manly,huh?
    At least it was an SUV and not a station wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    At least it was an SUV and not a station wagon.
    We did have a Nissan Maxima wagon..........and to be honest, thing was bad a$$ loaded and we drove the crap out of it too.

Believe it was an 87 if not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

Not very manly,huh?
    Your best car Is by Your choice... A friend had a Pinto and he loved that car..His Mom made him sale it when the Gas tank thing came up .. He cried I mean He Cried for real...

'87 Camaro. Only thing that was cool were the 2 15" subs in the back. Was great until a blew out the glass on the lift gate.

1990 mustang notch 347 Canfield heads 250 shot Butch Hixson assembled. 10.09 @140.29 on Hoosier dirt bosses
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Car Biz; 07-13-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Car Biz View Post
    1990 mustang notch 347 Canfield heads 250 shot Butch Hixson assembled. 10.09 @147.29 on Hoosier dirt bosses
    Hixson does a good motor

Quote Originally Posted by Zero2Hero View Post
    '87 Camaro. Only thing that was cool were the 2 15" subs in the back. Was great until a blew out the glass on the lift gate.
    My old car Cavaler drift car For Sale (Still have it) has 2 15s on 2 amps 4 6by9 2 5by7 in the doors.. never brock Glass but some thing all was is lose...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Hixson does a good motor
    The only Ford he ever put together

Really pissed off Ron Anderson!

I had 94 2.2 4 cylinder Beretta that was an absolute tank. You couldn't get that thing stuck anywhere, got good fuel milage, and rode great. You could barely hear the thing running, it had that typical 2.2 tick, but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. I miss that old piece, it was a great work car.

My lightning has treated me well too. I really love the sound of that surpercharger. It's kinda hard to keep your foot out of it.

I had a 1965 - 440 rambler conv ( red ) with a white top when I first got married .... I remember it had 2 spots on either side of the 6 cyl engine .... I think it was also put in a boat & could run the other direction ....Rebuit the motor & trans & had a new top put on it .... When my wife n I split she sold the car ... Broke my heart loosing that car .... Didnt miss the wife too much as I recall ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

My favorite car I ever had was a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am. It had a 455 and was pretty bad ass. But the 2 best vehicles I've had are 1999 Gmc pickup and 2001 Gmc one ton van. The pickup had 300,000 miles when I got rid of it and the van has 348,000 miles on it and still is my work van driven Dailey.

1980 Z28 Camaro silver with 4 speed. Traded it in for a Monte Carlo when I got married, wife needed an automatic.

My first car was a 2001 Ford Focus (I got it in 2007) and that thing was a champion. I rear ended a van at 50 MPH and rebuilt it from a car I found at the scrap yard. I rolled it onto its side after after trying to drift in a snowstorm and going over a snow bank. I still got 100k out of it in the 3-4 years I had it, and the only maintenance was fixing stuff that I broke myself. Then when it finally had a somewhat terminal issue (It was severely damaged from a house fire at the house next door to my old apartment) I brought it out into a field and took jumps with it and everything and I still couldn't kill it. Eventually we entered it into an enduro race where you had to sign over your car as the entry fee (the track made money by scrapping all the cars and it paid $3000 to win, had like 80 cars) and it ran for like 130 laps out of 200 but ended up getting blind sided by a 1995 Ford Taurus wagon - what a horrible way to die.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    My first car was a 2001 Ford Focus (I got it in 2007) and that thing was a champion. I rear ended a van at 50 MPH and rebuilt it from a car I found at the scrap yard. I rolled it onto its side after after trying to drift in a snowstorm and going over a snow bank. I still got 100k out of it in the 3-4 years I had it, and the only maintenance was fixing stuff that I broke myself. Then when it finally had a somewhat terminal issue (It was severely damaged from a house fire at the house next door to my old apartment) I brought it out into a field and took jumps with it and everything and I still couldn't kill it. Eventually we entered it into an enduro race where you had to sign over your car as the entry fee (the track made money by scrapping all the cars and it paid $3000 to win, had like 80 cars) and it ran for like 130 laps out of 200 but ended up getting blind sided by a 1995 Ford Taurus wagon - what a horrible way to die.
    The enduro story.........awesome.

The focus went out in a blaze of glory.

I had an 86' Cutlass Ciera station wagon with the faux woodgrain on it. The car was a tank. 18 year old me thought it would be funny to tint the windows on it. Then I thought it would be even funnier to lower it. Then, after it was lowered, the stock wheels looked silly, so I got some alloy tuner wheels. The headliner fell down, so I put some shag carpeting up in it's place.

It was gaudy as hell, but I loved that car. When it finally quit running, I was sad, but it was time to move on.

Someday in the future, I'd like to build a twin turbo all wheel drive fire-breathing monster of an 86' Cutlass Ciera Wagon.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!