Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I had an 86' Cutlass Ciera station wagon with the faux woodgrain on it. The car was a tank. 18 year old me thought it would be funny to tint the windows on it. Then I thought it would be even funnier to lower it. Then, after it was lowered, the stock wheels looked silly, so I got some alloy tuner wheels. The headliner fell down, so I put some shag carpeting up in it's place.

It was gaudy as hell, but I loved that car. When it finally quit running, I was sad, but it was time to move on.

Someday in the future, I'd like to build a twin turbo all wheel drive fire-breathing monster of an 86' Cutlass Ciera Wagon.

This thread is going to be better than the Rasslin thread...........sounds like you had the cool version of the family truckster that made it to Wally World.

I got a hand me down Oldsmobile omega from my parents to drive in college.......front wheel drive, landau top.

I tinted the windows as dark as I could, put some moon discs from JC Whitney On it and bolted the surf racks on it to get back and forth to the beach with the surfboards......

Car took some mega abuse but did what I needed it to do at the time.......early 80s
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    This thread is going to be better than the Rasslin thread...........sounds like you had the cool version of the family truckster that made it to Wally World.

I got a hand me down Oldsmobile omega from my parents to drive in college.......front wheel drive, landau top.

I tinted the windows as dark as I could, put some moon discs from JC Whitney On it and bolted the surf racks on it to get back and forth to the beach with the surfboards......

Car took some mega abuse but did what I needed it to do at the time.......early 80s
    It was more or less this, but mine was gray with red interior. I called her cuddles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 07-13-2016 at 11:28 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

1971 AMC Javelin SST 360

Just proves that People that like Hot Rods.. there best car is not a HOT ROD ..But just a Cool car to THEM.. Dont need a big motor.. just Needs too be something only they Like... So cool.......

I came to realize this is not a thread about our favorite cars, or the ones that we are most fond of but more the cars that got the job done on the fewest dimes.

In my case that car would be a 1976 Monte Carlo. I bought it used, several years old with around 35,000 miles on the clock. It was maroon with a 305 2 barrel. Had all the whistles and bells of that era. I sold a beautiful 1972 Nova Super Sport to buy the Monte and have mixed feelings about that to this day. My girlfriend at the time couldn't stand not having air conditioning and the ride qualities of the Nova were a bit harsh for her taste.

I drove the wheels off of that Monte Carlo at a time when I had very little money to spend on auto parts and repair bills. Mile per mile that old Monte cost me less than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

I must admit, prior to it becoming a bit outdated and worn the ladies liked the posh velour seats, nice ride and the killer stereo I put in it, but the chick that pushed me to sell the Nova didn't last and I've always wondered what I'd have made of the Nova SS.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I came to realize this is not a thread about our favorite cars, or the ones that we are most fond of but more the cars that got the job done on the fewest dimes.

In my case that car would be a 1976 Monte Carlo. I bought it used, several years old with around 35,000 miles on the clock. It was maroon with a 305 2 barrel. Had all the whistles and bells of that era. I sold a beautiful 1972 Nova Super Sport to buy the Monte and have mixed feelings about that to this day. My girlfriend at the time couldn't stand not having air conditioning and the ride qualities of the Nova were a bit harsh for her taste.

I drove the wheels off of that Monte Carlo at a time when I had very little money to spend on auto parts and repair bills. Mile per mile that old Monte cost me less than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

I must admit, prior to it becoming a bit outdated and worn the ladies liked the posh velour seats, nice ride and the killer stereo I put in it, but the chick that pushed me to sell the Nova didn't last and I've always wondered what I'd have made of the Nova SS.
    This is a lesson for you young Kids ...If you have a Car and a Girl friend.. KEEP the Car.. you can get a new Girl F but when the car is Gone it is Gone ....LOL

72 SS Nova sell for 50000 to 125000 buck on how nice and witch Options..seen one on baraids for 78000 buck on one of there shows.. Was a investment....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    This is a lesson for you young Kids ...If you have a Car and a Girl friend.. KEEP the Car.. you can get a new Girl F but when the car is Gone it is Gone ....LOL
    Cardirt0, in this case things turned out pretty well. LOL! I've been happily married to the same fine lady for 25 years and I don't even know where the woman is that talked me into getting rid of the Nova.

Here's the real kicker of the whole deal. My Wife's father bought a bright red C4 LT-4 Corvette new back in 1996. For the past 20 years her Dad has assured her that when he was done with the Vette' it would be hers. Well, this past February while we were visiting the Wife's parents in Florida during Speedweeks he gave her the signed title and handed her the keys and said "it's time, have fun!". Now, I really did love that old Nova but I'm thinkin' that due to marrying well I came out on the winnin' side of the whole thing.
    Last edited by CIRF; 07-13-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbr performance View Post
    1971 amc javelin sst 360
    thats a sweet ride!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

72 SS Nova sell for 50000 to 125000 buck on how nice and witch Options..seen one on baraids for 78000 buck on one of there shows.. Was a investment....
    I doubt the one I had would fetch that much, Cardirt0. It had the 350 with a single Rochester Quadrajet which was only rated at 200 HP and 300 ft lbs. of torque. It was a Turbo 350 automatic and just a 10 bolt rear end. However, it did have posi-traction. The 350 4 barrel was the highest horsepower engine available in the Nova SS in 1972. It had the rally suspension, the in dash factory tachometer and the gauges in the console but no air conditioning, no sun roof and most important, it wasn't a 4 speed car and I didn't have the original rally wheels that came on the car new. It had Keystone Kustom Mags on it when I bought it. I traded those out for a set of American Mags fully polished. 10" on the back with 7" on the front. Had to run Gabriel Hi-Jackers to keep the rear fender openings off the tires, thus the harsh ride my sweetie didn't like! LOL!

What this car had going for it was it was purchased new and driven up until the time I bought it by a young lady who drove the car very conservatively and she didn't put many miles on it. Thus, it was in very, very good condition. No rust and never had been crashed. I still get just a bit misty eyed when I look at pictures of it after I put the American mags on it. It really had a lot of potential given the abundant and reasonably priced after market performance equipment available for that engine combination.

Cardirt0, in this case things turned out pretty well. LOL! I've been happily married to the same fine lady for 25 years and I don't even know where the woman is that talked me into getting rid of the Nova.

Here's the real kicker of the whole deal. My Wife's father bought a bright red C4 LT-4 Corvette new back in 1996. For the past 20 years her Dad has assured her that when he was done with the Vette' it would be hers. Well, this past February while we were visiting the Wife's parents in Florida during Speedweeks he gave her the signed title and handed her the keys and said "it's time, have fun!". Now, I really did love that old Nova but I'm thinkin' that due to marrying well I came out on the winnin' side of the whole thing.
    A nice car is great ,, but ant nothing better then the love of a Woman.....

I doubt the one I had would fetch that much, Cardirt0. It had the 350 with a single Rochester Quadrajet which was only rated at 200 HP and 300 ft lbs. of torque. It was a Turbo 350 automatic and just a 10 bolt rear end. However, it did have posi-traction. The 350 4 barrel was the highest horsepower engine available in the Nova SS in 1972. It had the rally suspension, the in dash factory tachometer and the gauges in the console but no air conditioning, no sun roof and most important, it wasn't a 4 speed car and I didn't have the original rally wheels that came on the car new. It had Keystone Kustom Mags on it when I bought it. I traded those out for a set of American Mags fully polished. 10" on the back with 7" on the front. Had to run Gabriel Hi-Jackers to keep the rear fender openings off the tires, thus the harsh ride my sweetie didn't like! LOL!

What this car had going for it was it was purchased new and driven up until the time I bought it by a young lady who drove the car very conservatively and she didn't put many miles on it. Thus, it was in very, very good condition. No rust and never had been crashed. I still get just a bit misty eyed when I look at pictures of it after I put the American mags on it. It really had a lot of potential given the abundant and reasonably priced after market performance equipment available for that engine combination.
    If its SS it Gold the one that sold was only a 350 no 4 speed but all the Number matched Good paint was real Clean...Dont need too be a Hot rod just not a lot of them made.. Yours was not a lot of them made...
    Yea the Nova did not have a lot of room for tires on of the bad thing on the car...

Jig-a-Low chassied '69 Mustang...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

If its SS it Gold the one that sold was only a 350 no 4 speed but all the Number matched Good paint was real Clean...Dont need too be a Hot rod just not a lot of them made.. Yours was not a lot of them made...
    Yea the Nova did not have a lot of room for tires on of the bad thing on the car...
    The one I had satisfied all the criteria you list. The drivertrain was 100% numbers matching, none of it had ever been apart and the paint was relatively good. The only flaw was that the original paint on the hood was starting to chalk a bit when I got rid of it. It had those fake louvers on the hood that looked like valve covers. Never quite understood what statement Chevy was trying to make by putting those things on the hood.

1949 Ford Business coupe. My first car I bought for a hundred bucks and it went threw a bunch of engine changes.Mercury crank Offy heads Two carbs, Isky Cam, Lightened Flywheel. It never was fast, by today's standards, but it sure was fun. Speedway motors and Honest Charley's was my friend lol. Had older, newer faster and slower but this was the first and the highs where higher and the lows was more disappointing. You can never replace the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    1949 Ford Business coupe. My first car I bought for a hundred bucks and it went threw a bunch of engine changes.Mercury crank Offy heads Two carbs, Isky Cam, Lightened Flywheel. It never was fast, by today's standards, but it sure was fun. Speedway motors and Honest Charley's was my friend lol. Had older, newer faster and slower but this was the first and the highs where higher and the lows was more disappointing. You can never replace the first.
    Man o man I had a 1949 Anglia 327 Tunnel ram, Ford floater shorten.. Man You Hurt you Balls driving it cause it scare you death... Was fun too drive .. Do burn outs in fount of high school.. Then go like He!! befor the cops would come.. LOL
    Had too add this ... I run too shop hand my shop teacher 5 bucks..Cops would come In, and he swear I been there all day LOL
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 07-13-2016 at 02:52 PM.

My favorite car out of all of them,probably the 66 GTO. The best car was probably a 87 Subaru Justy AWD 3cyl that I used to commute 107 miles each way every day for 3 plus years to Asheville and back. 40mpg,AWD and could put a 4.3 in the back of it to deliver on the way home if necessary,and it was more than once.

I'm kinda partial to the vehichle I'm in now and may end up being my favorite before it's over......

2012 Toyota Tundra crew cab 5.7...rides like a Cadillac ......not real great out of the hole, but smash the gass doing 60 and you better hang on.

Tows pretty good to when I need it to.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

1995 Grt with a 430 Custom Race engine.
    It won its 1st race out t Bulls Gap then started 9th in the World 100.

Had a 76 SS Nova it would haul the mail lol but my favorite was as 85 s10 v6 4x4 that thing could climb a tree lol miss both of em lol