Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I wouldn't take issue with that statement. 10 large is a BIG winners share for midgets. In comparison to what you're saying, The Belleville Nationals is $12,500.00 to the winner and $1,000.00 to start out of a total purse of $72,000.00 for both nights. Belleville is a solid crown jewel. So yea, given all that, I reckon you're right. With many, many POWRi, USAC and Badger midgets based within a day's drive of Fairbury the car count could easily exceed 50.

Kid, you've got me salivating over that thought! LOL!
    I can't remember if it was the first or second year Sargent ran powrI show at Lincoln before the Silver Crown race at The mile during the state fair they had I want to say around 50 and that didn't pay no where near 10,000 so, I know if schedule was right and the pay was right they could get 50 and put on one whale of a show

not when you split them up geesh do your home work there only been 21 drivers do more than races this season with only 5 doing 19
    Last edited by old fan; 07-20-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    not when you split them up geesh do your home work there only been 21 drivers do more than races this season with only 5 doing 19
    can I please have a translator anyone up for it?

When ypu split the racers up car counts per event suffer
    Last edited by old fan; 07-21-2016 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    When ypu splir the racers up car counts per event suffer

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I can't remember if it was the first or second year Sargent ran powrI show at Lincoln before the Silver Crown race at The mile during the state fair they had I want to say around 50 and that didn't pay no where near 10,000 so, I know if schedule was right and the pay was right they could get 50 and put on one whale of a show
    Kid, I was at Lincoln that night you speak of. The benefit that show had was the large number of drivers that raced both the midgets and the Silver Crown cars. In those days there were a lot more that did just that. Not as much cross over these days.

He!!, I remember when they used to get over 30 midgets at the Springfield Mile for a 25 mile A-main prior to the Tony Bettenhausen Memorial 100.

Time have changed, haven't they.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kid, I was at Lincoln that night you speak of. The benefit that show had was the large number of drivers that raced both the midgets and the Silver Crown cars. In those days there were a lot more that did just that. Not as much cross over these days.

He!!, I remember when they used to get over 30 midgets at the Springfield Mile for a 25 mile A-main prior to the Tony Bettenhausen Memorial 100.

Time have changed, haven't they.
    Yes they have and not for the good either sorry to say

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    According to my Little Orphan Annie secret decoder ring, he said:

D-R-I-N-K M-O-R-E O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E

As a legion member I can tell you that's the next main project the FALS Fairboard has. Plans are already in the works...........this was in response to a post on FALS FB page asking for 410 sprint cars. New fencing is the main thing it will need for the sprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairbury Speedway View Post
    Thanks for sharing and thanks to 411 for putting it together. some great action by the powrI midgets