Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There seemed to be more than a few hard core Fairbury late model fans that left FALS with a newfound appreciation and acceptance of midget racing.

I knew they would. Anyone that likes racing will leave a midget race and usually say that was some darn good racing right there.

yeah for the crowd that has their head in the sand midgets always do run a great show but most of the time they run them d@mn micros with them sorry those engines to need be on a bike where they belong
    Last edited by old fan; 07-18-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    yeah for the crowd that has their head in the sand midgets always do run a great show but most of the time they run them d@mn micros with them sorry those engines to need be on a bike where they belong
    Really, It gives Kids a way to move up to midgets or sprints. think about others for once instead of yourself all the time.

I being a Fals homer was very impressed with the Powri show. Hats off to them all. We had a great crowd and the die hard late model fans didn't leave. The Powri ran the first feature.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Really, It gives Kids a way to move up to midgets or sprints. think about others for once instead of yourself all the time.
    betcha the micros cost more than the level 2 midgets think about that one check mate and many of them are not kids I know one that that also has a champ car

I saw the video no crowd on the front stretch you could count the people the PDC won't be like that with rea l race cars as the headliner and yes cirf you said there was going tobe 35 midgets like Macon gets lol
    I'll ask again, were you there? If not you prolly..... no, you definitely don't know what you're taking about, which is almost always the case.

The comparison you make is of an event that has been going on since 1990 and has slowly evolved into the biggest dirt late model event in the area to the very first time a particular sanction has raced at Fairbury and the first time midgets have raced at FALS in over 15 years. You want to make a bull$hit comparison like that then we'll compare the PDC to The Chili Bowl. Chili Bowl is widely considered one of the two biggest dirt track events of the year, draws 11,000+ people for 5 straight nights, gets 340+ cars and is broadcast live on national TV. Winning that event has the potential to dramatically advance the career of the winner. That has been the case several times. Whereas the PDC will draw about 1/4 the cars that The Chili Bowl draws and although they may fill the place up it's only 2 nights and if they're lucky they might have half as many people on Saturday night as The Chili Bowl draws on Tuesday night. PDC has never been broadcast on network TV and to my knowledge has never advanced the winners career beyond the dirt late model ranks and the winning purse. And just for the record the winners share of The Chili Bowl purse is right around half of what the PDC pays to win. It's the prestige and exposure that makes CB so desirable to win.

How's that for a bull$hit comparison? And that's what it is, a bull$hit comparison just like the one you make of the PDC and the POWRi show.

I was amazed at how everyone was congregated in the backstretch grandstands. We generally set on the front stretch but since we were camped on the backstretch we sat back there.

Please show where I said there would be 35 midgets at Fairbury.

However, there were 35 midgets at Macon in June and that's a fact. We were there.

betcha the micros cost more than the level 2 midgets think about that one check mate and many of them are not kids I know one that that also has a champ car
    You might be right as far a cost but, it still gives kids a place to go and move up. Good they all might not be kids but, it give racers a place to go that they like. is that better

yeah get in a level 2 midget what will they learn by driving a winged motor cycle noise box

why did you delete your post cirf about fals getting 35 midgets

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I'll ask again, were you there? If not you prolly..... no, you definitely don't know what you're taking about, which is almost always the case.The comparison you make is of an event that has been going on since 1990 and has slowly evolved into the biggest dirt late model event in the area to the very first time a particular sanction has raced at Fairbury and the first time midgets have raced at FALS in over 15 years. You want to make a bull$hit comparison like that then we'll compare the PDC to The Chili Bowl. Chili Bowl is widely considered one of the two biggest dirt track events of the year, draws 11,000+ people for 5 straight nights, gets 340+ cars and is broadcast live on national TV. Winning that event has the potential to dramatically advance the career of the winner. That has been the case several times. Whereas the PDC will draw about 1/4 the cars that The Chili Bowl draws and although they may fill the place up it's only 2 nights and if they're lucky they might have half as many people on Saturday night as The Chili Bowl draws on Tuesday night. PDC has never been broadcast on network TV and to my knowledge has never advanced the winners career beyond the dirt late model ranks and the winning purse. And just for the record the winners share of The Chili Bowl purse is right around half of what the PDC pays to win. It's the prestige and exposure that makes CB so desirable to win.How's that for a bull$hit comparison? And that's what it is, a bull$hit comparison just like the one you make of the PDC and the POWRi show.I was amazed at how everyone was congregated in the backstretch grandstands. We generally set on the front stretch but since we were camped on the backstretch we sat back there.Please show where I said there would be 35 midgets at Fairbury.However, there were 35 midgets at Macon in June and that's a fact. We were there.
    run the chili bowl in july and what would you getyou deleted the post because you knew you would be wrong the midgets like running on 1/5 miles and no bigger even then you may not get the car count

the fact of that matter is no crowd and 22 cars or 3k they should've been crawling out of wood work , there was 300 cars a chili bowl but during the real season only 22 wth

Can't delete what was never posted, litey! I said there were over 30 both times POWRi has run at Macon this season. 35 on June 11th. Never said anything about Fairbury having 35 and you know it.

the fact of that matter is no crowd and 22 cars or 3k they should've been crawling out of wood work , there was 300 cars a chili bowl but during the real season only 22 wth
    Were you there, litey? I'll answer that for you. No. So admit you don't know what you're talking about and I won't correctly point out that you're an idiot................again! LOL!!

When exactly is the "real" season and why is it that you so irrationally and bitterly resent the fact that The Chili Bowl is one of the 2 biggest dirt races in the world. Many big name drivers from NASCAR compete for less than half what the PDC pays just for the prestige of having won the toughest and the biggest of them all! That really pisses you off to no end! LOL!!

Lity CIRF never said they would get 35 midgets at Fairbury he was hoping they would get 35 like they did at Macon. The scheduling was not the best to get more cars and hopefully next year they can get more.

Money doesn't always equal more cars and you know it.

You guys know better than to entertain that douche. Hes lured you guys into his game.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    You guys know better than to entertain that douche. Hes lured you guys into his game.
    I have been dealing with him for years. Heck he's not that bad. I just ignore some of his crap just like he does some of mine. I do it to have fun on here and that's about it for me. I don't take it personally and for those that do well this probably isn't the palce for you.

Money doesn't always equal more cars and you know it.
    but CIRF said there was going to be 35 cars what happened

but CIRF said there was going to be 35 cars what happened
    He never said there was going to be 35. He said he hope they would get 35 like Macon did.

He never said there was going to be 35. He said he hope they would get 35 like Macon did.
    I doubt you'll ever penetrate litey's thick skull but I really appreciate you trying.

I really believe Indiana Sprint Week and The Kings Royal diminished both the car count and the attendance at Fairbury Saturday night. There easily could have been 3 to possibly 5 more cars without ISW going on. Good cars, too. Bryan Clauson is one in particular that might well have been in a midget at FALS if not for the fact that he was running for ISW points. Dave Darland is another. Maybe Brady Bacon, too.

How much those two shows hurt attendance would be hard to judge but I spoke to an acquaintance who was going to The Kings Royal with 3 other guys and all 4 of them closely follow POWRi and would have been at FALS. One other friend went to his get-away place on a lake in Olney, Illinois for the weekend specifically to go to the ISW show at Haubstadt from there. He also would have been at FALS with his wife and son.

Those are just the people I know, how many more is anyone's guess. What I do know is it's doubtful you could have seen any better racing no matter where you chose to go.

I watched it on this thing its amazing it called a computer and could count the fan while the race was going on sounds a lot of bs to me either you are going to it end of story it was not on the top priority for many people