Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    You guys know better than to entertain that douche. Hes lured you guys into his game.
    Ya' we do know better, MDF. I understand what you're sayin'. The downside is it's a complete waste of time but gettin' litey all geeked up occasionally is kinda' funny and mildly entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    I watched it on this thing its amazing it called a computer and could count the fan while the race was going on sounds a lot of bs to me either you are going to it end of story it was not on the top priority for many people
    You really, really don't know what you're talking about do ya' litey.

Could ya' see the backstretch stands live on your little 'puter? LOL!! I didn't think so.

That's where I was settin' and I know how many people were in those seats and you couldn't have counted them on your little 'puter screen!! LOLOL!!

The 4 guys I spoke of that went to the Kings Royal ordered their tickets way back before the first of the year and the people who go to Indiana Sprint Week events won't go to anything but the ISW races that are close enough to attend. I know. I'm one of them. Had the POWRi show at FALS conflicted with the Terre Haute or Putnamville ISW races there is no question where we'd have been, and it wouldn't have been FALS. However, I'm really glad that wasn't the case.

I watched it on this thing its amazing it called a computer and could count the fan while the race was going on sounds a lot of bs to me either you are going to it end of story it was not on the top priority for many people
    But you must have forgotten Fairbury has a back streatch and it is pack and the only thing you saw was the front streatch

I 've been there big boy and the stands where empty those stand on the back stretch are not that that big

Ol' litey is clairvoyant, who knew. LOL!!! It's now apparent why litey doesn't attend races, he just tunes in his clairvoyant mind to whatever racing he wants to watch. Litey, can ya' see more than one race at a time at different tracks or is your powers of observation limited to just one track and just one race? Do ya' see it in color or black & white?

Bwwwaaaaaaaaahahahaha!!

I was sitting on the front stretch. The announcer said "Hold up your finger if you want to be counted by Mr. Old Fan on his computer". Did you count me twice? I was the guy holding up two middle fingers just for you. (just yankin' yer chain, Mr. Old Fan)

The front stretch only fills up for the PDC and SN. Last year at the Labor day modified special and ALMs late model race, which had 84 mods and about 35LMS, I got there just as it was starting and easily got a spot in the top row of the front stretch bleachers.
    Last edited by dmr37; 07-19-2016 at 03:21 PM.

dmr, I don't go over to Fairbury like I once did so I'm guessing this is a fairly recent trend to fill up the backstretch bleachers.

I'm just curious as to why the backstretch is more attractive to so many these days. Granted, the front stretch stands have the 1/2 mile track in between it and the small track but that never seemed to limit the sightlines or the quality of the spectating experience.

In the not so distant past the backstretch was where the drunks and the meatballs congregated. We didn't see any of that for the midgets Saturday night, luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Ol' litey is clairvoyant, who knew. LOL!!! It's now apparent why litey doesn't attend races, he just tunes in his clairvoyant mind to whatever racing he wants to watch. Litey, can ya' see more than one race at a time at different tracks or is your powers of observation limited to just one track and just one race? Do ya' see it in color or black & white?Bwwwaaaaaaaaahahahaha!!
    bull chit I go twice sometimes 3 times if its feasible how about you mr picky open wheel fan that driver has to to NASCAR or they ain't worth crap fan

bull chit I go twice sometimes 3 times if its feasible how about you mr picky open wheel fan that driver has to to NASCAR or they ain't worth crap fan
    Easy litey, you're gonna' get your BP way up into the danger zone if you don't calm down! LOL!!

Hey litey, we can't be too picky. We didn't get up and leave and actually sat through the mortified and late model features Saturday night. And they ran the mud cab features last, but I have to admit, our camper was only 100 feet behind the backstretch grandstands and we had nowhere else to go! I've gotta' say, in all honesty, the POWRi midget feature was by far the best of the 3!

yeah because you are an open wheel fan and nothing more you must think the flips and flops are cool don't

My, my litey, such hostility!! LOL!!

I'm thinkin' you don't have a clue what I'm thinkin'!! LOL!!

The back stretch was about 75% full. We had friends come late, and it wasn't too bad fitting them in our spots. We sit around the camera guy every week. The modified race will be standing room only, soon enough. Enjoy the room while we still got it. They have said it is their goal to make it Illinois premier mod race. The midgets show will grow also, I have talked to several that missed it, and are kicking themselves in the back side now.

My, my litey, such hostility!! LOL!!I'm thinkin' you don't have a clue what I'm thinkin'!! LOL!!
    no you love the flip and flops or is that push and flip I get so confused

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    The back stretch was about 75% full. We had friends come late, and it wasn't too bad fitting them in our spots. We sit around the camera guy every week. The modified race will be standing room only, soon enough. Enjoy the room while we still got it. They have said it is their goal to make it Illinois premier mod race. The midgets show will grow also, I have talked to several that missed it, and are kicking themselves in the back side now.
    Don't tell num nuts that lol

Easy litey, you're gonna' get your BP way up into the danger zone if you don't calm down! LOL!!

Hey litey, we can't be too picky. We didn't get up and leave and actually sat through the mortified and late model features Saturday night. And they ran the mud cab features last, but I have to admit, our camper was only 100 feet behind the backstretch grandstands and we had nowhere else to go! I've gotta' say, in all honesty, the POWRi midget feature was by far the best of the 3!

I would hate to have to go through life bitching and compalining all the time like lity does must be a miserable life but, of course he will come on here and say something different lol

not b@tching telling the truth 3/4 full back stretch front stretch 1/4 full is that what you call a full house CIRF

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    TLAGI, I'm glad you posted that the backstretch was 75% full. Our group was all in agreement on that 3/4 full number in our recap session around the campfire after the races. I think I posted this earlier, but during the course of Saturday afternoon a gentleman involved with FALS management said there will be an effort to bring in more open wheel dirt shows.

I'd love to see a USAC National Sprint Car race at FALS but I get the feeling there is some wounds that were inflicted many years ago that will have to heal before that will happen. If it ever does happen Fairbury is close enough to Indiana that most of the Indiana based teams and spectators wouldn't have to travel excessively far. We shall see, cross your fingers.

There were enough spectators that normally don't make any effort to attend open wheel dirt racing got a taste of how good it really is and word of mouth is a powerful advertisement tool. Given the reception that POWRi received some effort to diversify the schedule even further in the future is inevitable. Good racing is good racing, simple as that.
    no you love the flip and flops or is that push and flip I get so confused
    You live your life engulfed in confusion. Besides that, you're stupid! LOL!!

You believe all that bs they need another woolms date you know to fill the place standing room only event

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I would hate to have to go through life bitching and compalining all the time like lity does must be a miserable life but, of course he will come on here and say something different lol
    You pretty much called this one correctly! Kid, I think he's constantly resentful of the fact that The Chili Bowl is one of the 2 biggest dirt track races in the country. He just can't get past it! Bbbbwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!
    not b@tching telling the truth 3/4 full back stretch front stretch 1/4 full is that what you call a full house CIRF
    Not one person said the place was completely full. All that has been said is there was a good, solid crowd on hand, and there was. No one ever even suggested that the place would be SRO for this show.

Now, stop pouting, will ya!! LOL!!

I call it a decent crowd. I bet they paid a 10,000 purse and you would see over 50 midgtes and the place would be packed.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I call it a decent crowd. I bet they paid a 10,000 purse and you would see over 50 midgtes and the place would be packed.
    I wouldn't take issue with that statement. 10 large is a BIG winners share for midgets. In comparison to what you're saying, The Belleville Nationals is $12,500.00 to the winner and $1,000.00 to start out of a total purse of $72,000.00 for both nights. Belleville is a solid crown jewel. So yea, given all that, I reckon you're right. With many, many POWRi, USAC and Badger midgets based within a day's drive of Fairbury the car count could easily exceed 50.

Kid, you've got me salivating over that thought! LOL!