Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hell tour

Default Hell tour

Plymouth rained out.

I'm not trying to be mean but this track they're going to Thursday merrit speedway lake city michigan is a short distance from crossing into Canada rediculouis this is the summer nationals way too far from the MiDWEST
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean but this track they're going to Thursday merrit speedway lake city michigan is a short distance from crossing into Canada rediculouis this is the summer nationals way too far from the MiDWEST
    Have too disagree .. I think they need more tracks in more states.. and only the bigger tracks in Ill..Run it on Thur,Fri. Sat. Sun. go for 5 or 6 weeks.. 20 to 24 races 10grand each.. 20bucks to get in No more......Last race is 20 grand and you have to have run in 8 races to get in that one....20 grand to the points winner...
    If you only have like 9 cars that have run in 8 then add the cars that have run in 7 then add the cars that run in 6 then stop...If you only have 15 cars so be it ...Then they are all SN cars.......Make it were the drivers Want too go......
    Add this: have a 5grand race for all the other SN cars on the last race.......
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 07-13-2016 at 03:09 PM.

34 cars at the smallest track in the circuit for 5 grand its not the size of the track but location

Just proves size doesn't matter Old Fan.

that's correct and some dang good racing in both lates and mods

Race tonight is cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    What a dumb observation. Since when hasn't MI been in the Midwest?

Midwest of what

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    That's true but I see Ricky's point too. It's hard to expect guys from central and southern Illinois, St Louis area etc....to follow the whole tour if you expect them to travel that far.
    It's like if ray Cook's Southern nationals scheduled a race in northern Louisiana or something. That's still the south but your core group of race teams are from east Tennessee, north Georgia...etc.
    I do not envy the folks who make up these schedules but I think it's worth having some discussion.

they need to see car counts crowd etc at each track and work accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    That's true but I see Ricky's point too. It's hard to expect guys from central and southern Illinois, St Louis area etc....to follow the whole tour if you expect them to travel that far.
    It's like if ray Cook's Southern nationals scheduled a race in northern Louisiana or something. That's still the south but your core group of race teams are from east Tennessee, north Georgia...etc.
    I do not envy the folks who make up these schedules but I think it's worth having some discussion.
    Not any different then when they go to Oakshade for the finale. As long as the track is the same sanction as the series then they should be allowed a chance to host an event. The event at Merritt is actually a 3 day show. One night is just for SN tour. Guys can stay and race the rest of the weekend or move on. Since its the second to last event on the tour I wouldn't expect more than the top 3 in points to be there anyway.

Not any different then when they go to Oakshade for the finale. As long as the track is the same sanction as the series then they should be allowed a chance to host an event. The event at Merritt is actually a 3 day show. One night is just for SN tour. Guys can stay and race the rest of the weekend or move on. Since its the second to last event on the tour I wouldn't expect more than the top 3 in points to be there anyway.
    Good points. I honestly do see both sides of it and old fan probably nailed it with his last post.

Are u kidding me right me right now this track is a short distance from crossing into Canada don't think that is the Midwest too much travel distance for most drivers
    I am what I am

When there are only 4-5 cars that follow the whole tour and car counts for several races are less than a full field, that's a sign that it's time to change some things. The problem is that the tour promoters have to feel like change is needed, and I'm not sure they do. The sprint car speedweeks in Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are all very successful. If they could do something like that where people would take a whole week and follow the tour that would get more of a following than they have right now. Or maybe just race Thursday through Sunday for 5 weeks and have the off days to use for make up dates. 20 races total.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midw..._United_States

Like I said. Its not any different that going to Oakshade.

the wholething needs redone. the guys followingdont get towmoney. sothey jsut drove from ILLinois speont $$$ on gas and got zero

and none of the guys from central ill or Indiana will go to Oakshade either

I'm just trying to understand how he thinks that just because a certain track is roughly 3 hrs from Canada that the state isn't part of the region.

We all know UMP is in to make money for itself and doesn't care about its drivers.

its 628 miles for guy to travel from south of st louis to lake city mi its about 460 to oakshade