Default orange/blue front rocket

just changed to blue front,orange rear set up
    corner entry better then orange. corner exit car has no bite. 450 lf spring 300 rf spring[ car likes low rate on rf] lr spring 200 rr spring 225. have tried 180 bite up to 240 bite. also took lr spacer off.
    54% left side rear 53% class requires us to run 50lbs on front. d 55 tires
    feel like blue would work if corner exit would improve.3/8 mile semi bank track. driver trying to use rf more then he did with old black front or when we ran orange front.
    any help in getting us in right direction would be appreciated

First by taking the LR spacer off you removed drive. How much drop do you have in the LR and what angle is the LR top rod at full drop?

taking spacer out added 20lbs bite so we thought that would help.
    lr angle 48 degree. 16 inch drop from bottom of frame tab to top of bolt on shock bracket where rocket measures it.

Drop your left side % to 53.7 and up your rear % to 54.2-54.4

I realize it'll make the car weight more but it's better to have the correct balance rather than worry about total weight

thanks. we'll try that. why would spacer take away drive

Taking the spacer off takes away drive.

Quote Originally Posted by dkibel View Post
    The further away the tire is from the spring the less drive you have because you are having to push the tire down harder when it is further away. Imagine a 10lb weight on a stick. When your hand is right next to the weight you can rotate it fairly easily. Now imagine your hand a foot away from the stick. Its much harder to rotate. You have to exert more force to get the same 10lb weight to move. This is exactly what is happening with your drive.
    You're describing a moment of inertia problem which is not at all what is happening when you move the LR tire in or out. Bottom line is that moving the LR out (using a wheel spacer) will make the car tighter on exit...often described as more drive but not exactly the same thing...

thanks for suggestions. added wt. to help correct percentage and car was much better and looked better on track even though we were heavy. i think if we could take off front wt. we wouldn't need to add so much.

Can you move the fuel cell in the car? I've done that to compensate for a lighter or heavier engine and it works well.

That's odd we have never had any problems with drive off in our orange with blue front. We always had way to much. But if you need any help just pm me

Same here my orange with the blue grey front gets killer forward drive even in the real slick.

I would rather have a car a little heavy with %s right than a light car w/out the %s right. The heavy car will win everytime.