Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Final appeal

Default Final appeal

Set for tomorrow.

I think this is a first, no one has ever gone to the second and final appeal. They have always went to the first and settled for what ever was decided. I suspect the outcome won't be any different than the first one, I don't think this is going to be the end of this.

At best. May shorten the suspension. But I don't the appeal will change anything at all. Just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm wondering if the teams in question, together or individually, won't file an injunction of some sort or pull some type of legal maneuvering right around World 100 time.
    Stranger things have happened...

I know that B Shepp, Bloomer and Owens will be appealing. Not sure on Thorton and Satterlee

Satterlee tweeted that he is on his way to WRG final appeal. What happens in this process? Are they going for it to be overturned or maybe minimizing the sentence? Just curious what would have changed since the first appeal they lost?

Thanks for adding the info on Satterlee. I would think that they would love to all get the suspension dropped. But I am sure they would settle for shortened suspension. But there is several big races before the world. That they would miss. U.S Nationals etc
    Last edited by Dirt Racing #1; 07-17-2016 at 11:38 PM.

I figure will know Tuesday. What the final verdict is.

Thumbs up

Steve Sheppard told me on Facebook if this doesn't go right you can guarantee Attorney's will be getting involved fairly quickly. Like the previous poster said will probably know by Tuesday afternoon / Tuesday Evening what the situation is moving forward.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

i heard bloomer will be doing the same thing. He may already have hired one.

From what I've read from the wording of the official statements, and I could be wrong in my comprehension of their posts, is the failed five can only appeal the suspensions terms and NOT appeal the actual results of the tests for why they're suspended.
    To me this whole thing reminds me of the Tom Brady NFL suspension. Appeals then courts getting involved to ultimately be told that when you sign on the line to play on their track you agree to their rules no matter how wrong or shady they are. The only way I see this stuff getting anywhere is if there's proof of some magical criminal wrongdoing by UMP.
    So my opinion any money spent trying to fight this any further would be better spent organizing some sort of "drivers union" to fight for some transparency in testing and an actual legitimate appeals process throughout the major late model events/sanctions.

Ha ha good luck. Undetectable formula got busted!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post
    Thanks for adding the info on Satterlee. I would think that they would love to all get the suspension dropped. But I am sure they would settle for shortened suspension. But there is several big races before the world. That they would miss. U.S Nationals etc
    I hope they overturn the suspensions. The tracks that chose that sanctioning body are getting penalized for their biggest show of the year by banning people from running the race THEY are putting on. (FALS/Cedar Lake)

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Ha ha good luck. Undetectable formula got busted!
    must've used more than 6 drops lol but really what kind of proof would the racer have to change the suspension
    Last edited by old fan; 07-18-2016 at 06:00 AM.

If you appeal and you are denied then they should extend there suspension!!!!!! cheating bastards got what they deserve!!!! Theres no big conspiracy here they cheated and got caught!!!! nuff said!!!!

agree w post aboout drivers union. drivers do not have rights under currentprocess since its all dirtcar. dirtcar wont admit their processis wrong. but hoping it is improved.

They're all cheaters.......nothing wrong with the process at all.......ho hum..........nothing to see here.

And by all, I mean every single one of them...........it's been verified on this site.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Their suspension will be shortened, I can almost guarantee it. I've been saying it the whole time, there's no way that Bloomer, Owens won't be at the biggest race of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Their suspension will be shortened, I can almost guarantee it. I've been saying it the whole time, there's no way that Bloomer, Owens won't be at the biggest race of the year.
    This place will blow up if it's shortened.

Do the crime, do the time. Independent test results say they did the crime. There's nothing to dispute. Offer some evidence that you didn't do anything because scientific tests say you did!