FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 16, 2016

Feels Like the First Time for Jason Hughes at I-35 Speedway

Westville, Oklahoma (07/16/16) – On Saturday night for the first time in his career Jason Hughes claimed an USMTS Modified win at I-35 Speedway (Winston, Missouri). Piloting his West Siloam Pawn #12 Hughes/Mullins Racing Engine Modified, Hughes wired the field for the $3,000 payday, which marked his 11th win of 2016.

United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) competition took Jason Hughes to Dodge County Speedway (Kasson, Minnesota) on Thursday evening for the first night of a three race swing. With 26 cars entered, mechanical issues in his heat race left Hughes starting 25th on the grid for the 42-lap finale. Despite starting on the tail of the field, Jason charged through the field twenty positions, notching a 5th place finish behind Rodney Sanders, Jason Cummins, Brandon Davis and Cade Dillard.

Following the USMTS to Fayette County Speedway (West Union, Iowa) on Friday night, Jason finished 3rd in his heat race, which set him up with the 9th-starting position for the feature. Breaking into the Top 5, Hughes advanced six positions in the 42-lapper, posting a 3rd-place finish behind Zack VanderBeek and Cade Dillard. Rodney Sanders and Stormy Scott rounded out the top five.

Closing out the triple-header on Saturday, 34 USMTS Modifieds signed in at I-35 Speedway (Winston, Missouri) for the 8th Annual Seeburg Mufflers Missouri Meltdown. Passing two cars in his heat, Hughes landed a runner-up finish behind Jesse Sobbing, which earned him the 2nd-starting spot for the feature alongside Sobbing. Storming into the lead on the drop of the green flag, Jason led all 42-laps, picking up his 11th win of the season and a $3,000 payday. Jesse Sobbing, Cade Dillard, Matt Dotson, and Rodney Sanders trailed Hughes across the finish line.

“I was having a little trouble in lapped traffic, but it got kind of fun there trying to get by the lapped cars too before that caution,” Hughes said. “Then I saw somebody dive in on me on that last restart, but I knew if I hit that top and stayed there they probably couldn't clear me. It definitely feels great to finally get an USMTS win at this place.”

Jason continues to lead the MSD Central Region standings and RealTruck.com Northern Region point standings, while Hughes Race Cars leads the Manufacturers Championship points. Complete results from these events can be found at www.USMTS.com .

Jason now looks ahead to a busy week with the USMTS. Action opens on Monday night at Iowa State Fair Speedway (Des Moines, Iowa) before shifting to Southern Iowa Speedway (Oskaloosa, Iowa) on Tuesday evening. Friday and Saturday will take the team to I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, Nebraska) for a pair of events that will be held in conjunction with the 6th Annual Silver Dollar Nationals. For more information on the events, please visit www.USMTS.com .

Jason Hughes would like to thank his sponsors including Cates Recycling, Pig-N-Out, Red Tail Tackle, AFCO Brakes, West Siloam Pawn, Gressel Racing, Hughes Racing Chassis, Mullins Race Engines, D and G Directional Drilling, 45 Pipeline Services, JRI Shocks, Hanson Tire Service, Braka Operating, Sunoco Race Fuels, Mert's Truck Center, SAEF Custom Finishing, Wheeler Metals Rainbow Graphics, Hooker Harness, Quarter Master, Beyea Custom Headers, Ultra-Shield Race Products, MB Machine & Tool, T&D Machine Products, Callies, Quick Car Racing Products, Dan Olson Racing Products, FSR Radiators & Racing Products, Tiger Rear Ends, Driven Racing Oil, Sweet Mfg, Real Racing Wheels, Rod End Supply, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jason Hughes, please visit www.JasonHughes12.com .