Default Dustin Strand Pushes 2016 Win Tally to Seven

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    July 18, 2016

Dustin Strand Pushes 2016 Win Tally to Seven

Grand Forks, North Dakota (07/18/16) – Dustin Strand masterfully worked lapped traffic to score the NLRA Super Late Model win on Sunday night at Red River Valley Speedway in his McCaughen Builders #71 Forest Flying Service/Millenium Late Model.

“I knew when the green flag dropped that we had an incredible car, and if I just did my job that we were going to be tough to beat,” said Strand. “I want to thank my team and all of my great sponsors for making this win possible.”

Strand’s busy week of racing began with the World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series on Wednesday evening at Ogilvie Raceway (Ogilvie, Minnesota) with a $10,000-to-win affair. With 29 entries registered, Strand grabbed the last transfer position in his heat after placing 6th. Starting in the 16th position for the feature, Dustin would record a 22nd-place finish in the 50 lapper.

On Friday night Strand returned to action with the WoO series at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) for another stop of the Wild West Tour. After timing in 9th fastest in a field of 28 competitors, steady rain began to fall on the 1/3-mile oval and ultimately wash out the rest of the night's scheduled events.

Picking things back up on Sunday night, Dustin Strand stopped at Red River Valley Speedway (West Fargo, North Dakota) for the Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) sanctioned program. Drawing 29 entries for the Red River Valley Fair Race, Strand stormed to a heat race win, earning him a front-row starting spot alongside Brad Seng for the feature. Battling back in forth with Seng for the top spot through lapped traffic, Dustin held off Seng when the checkers flew for a $1,100 payday with Mike Balcaen, Cole Schill, and Jeff Massingill rounding out the top five finishers. The win marks Dustin’s seventh victory of the season.

For more information from these events, please visit www.WoOLMS.com and www.NLRA.org .

This Friday, July 22 Dustin resumes action with a Weekly Racing Series Event at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) in his #71 Late Model. Saturday night will take him to Devil’s Lake Speedway (Crary, North Dakota) for an NLRA event. For more information on the events, please visit www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com and www.NLRARacing.org .

Dustin Strand would like to thank all of his sponsors including RealTruck.com, Q&Z Plumbing & Heating, Forks Mobile Wash, Schill Construction, Anderson Brothers Body Shop, McCaughen Builders, Generations Salon & Spa, High Mark Snowmobile Rentals, RH Rebel Storage, Ben Adams Racing Engines, Forest Flying Service, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Dustin Strand, please visit his official internet home at www.StrandRacing.com .
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 07-18-2016 at 02:44 PM.