Default ponderosa speedway!

$3000 to win this Saturday 07/23/2016 super late models at ponderosa speedway in junction city Kentucky. under NEW MANAGMENT! come on out
    and support them to keep our local tracks open!

Anyone know how the racing surface was?

I heard that Larry Yantz was trying to get back in there. The race was fine. Just got over too late.

Thumbs up Racing surface at the Pond

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngCat View Post
    Anyone know how the racing surface was?
    Heard they had to scrape mud off the walls for the first time since Ed Hasty and David Ferrell days of running the Pond. Clayton Wetter would've really liked that!!! It was said new owner not afraid to use the water truck.

Racing surface was great. Check out our facebook page ULTIMATE Bob. https://www.facebook.com/BattleoftheBluegrass/ There is some video there.

Had some transponder issues to begin with so we did get started late.

I spoke with Larry and I would never speak for him, but he was there helping Jamie. No mention about taking the track again.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by racingumpire View Post
    Heard they had to scrape mud off the walls for the first time since Ed Hasty and David Ferrell days of running the Pond. Clayton Wetter would've really liked that!!! It was said new owner not afraid to use the water truck.
    Now I'm sorry I missed that race. Keep up the good work. We'll make the next special LM race. I don't like driving 165 miles to see a dryslick dust bowl, those days are about over.

Looked like the Ponderosa from few years ago......great racing surface and racing! Did have some issues with transponders right before the features and that threw them back at least 45 min to an hour. The Crate race was the race that wouldn't end. With a midnight curfew in Junction City they'll be bringing out the ol time limit race for those guys.

Sure hope they have a good surface for the Lucas show next month, the ramp going into turn 1 at the WoO race created a lot of problems, even after they tried to grade it down after qualifying. Not to mention how rough turn 2 was.

When did JC put in a curfew? I remember a race last year that ended at like 4 am after a LONG rain delay.