Default Chevelle or Metric?

I know this is mattter of personal prefference, but was wondering which front clip ona mod is the easiest to set up for a best geometry? and stability and strenght, and available parts? between a metric front stub or chevelle, Which top name builds a good metric, and which a chevelle. thanks...
    The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also are enemies; probably because they are generally the same people...
    G.K. Chesterton

Go chevelle. 90% of the cars are chevelle. Trust me.

I would use a OEM frame if you can find a Chevelle go that way but if you can not then go metric . Both metric and chevelle stubs have the same good points and same bad points .

early 70's Monte Carlo as well.
    same points as a Chevelle but more tire clearance in the elbow.

I prefer Metric chassis myself, and if you are allowed to run tubular lower a-arms I would use a Lightning or Ruhlman Fold Crown Vic lower.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

How much wider does the Crown Vic make the metric car with nova lowers currently?

2 3/4 per side wider

Thanks to all.... It helps a lot
    The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also are enemies; probably because they are generally the same people...
    G.K. Chesterton

Newer Caprice clip.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    Newer Caprice clip.
    Like what year? who builds a good metric frame chassis? i know several build chevelle.. does Impressive use chevelle?
    G.K. Chesterton

Lightbulb Metric

Quote Originally Posted by hanginitout View Post
    Like what year? who builds a good metric frame chassis? i know several build chevelle.. does Impressive use chevelle?
    I have a Bandit Metric that I have had for a few seasons, and im pretty sure they will still build metric cars.

other options would be Lightning, ruhlman, diamond(not sure he still does them) and pierce. Those are probably your most popular/best options on metric cars.

I have a Lightning, so I am partial to them.
    Ruhlman is also has a good front end design.
    Bandit's aren't bad either, I think they are building a lot of Chevelle's now

Stay away from Pierce, not a good design, or redesign.

just looking for the best front end geometry i can find, i know there are alot of good stuff out there. and was wondering if the chevelle to metric. I thought Diamond was chevelle?,,, I didn't even know you could use ford lowers on a metric clip.. Can you use them on chevelle? and where do you get them? our rules allow tubular lowers. Again thank you for all the info.. keep it coming.
    G.K. Chesterton

Where can a person get a good system or artical on when and what to change, to fix front end geometry. i know enought to be dangerous. which is little..
    G.K. Chesterton

The problem is not whats right or wrong, works or doesn't, but what design fits the rest of the car. Balanced handling is what your looking for and the means you have to look at the entire package including the driver so theory is about all there is.

If you want one of the best front ends out there talk to Mark Bush Racing. Bring your checkbook

MB front ends aren't winning as much as others. Just sayin...

better get a impressive

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    better get a impressive
    They chevelle or metric? Thanks to all that have replied again.... Just tying to make a decision, I heard someone was stamping chevelle fronts wasn't sure if it's true or not.... Thanks again..
    G.K. Chesterton

I have an ELITE Chassis, Chevelle front end, Yes its a new re-stamped Front clip, hard to get a factory metric or chevelle that isnt half way rusted from the inside out. What people are trying to tell you is this: You cant just go throwing longer arms and a bunch of crap on any clip and be fast. Lots of things will change, spring pocket locations, spring angles, RC, camber gain, ETC ETc. You have to know what you want and why you want it before you start. Our ELITE has a very good front end, but my driver needed it to work differently so I re designed the geometry to work with his driving style, not against it. I wanted the the front RC to be in a certain place statically and move to where I wanted it dynamically based on what I saw the car needed, Same for camber gain, etc. It ended up working very well. Is there 1 book that spells out exactly what to do? lol NO. This information is very hard to find. Lots of info explain static geometry but dynamic is where its at and very limited info in print on that.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Racer96m View Post
    I have an ELITE Chassis, Chevelle front end, Yes its a new re-stamped Front clip, hard to get a factory metric or chevelle that isnt half way rusted from the inside out. What people are trying to tell you is this: You cant just go throwing longer arms and a bunch of crap on any clip and be fast. Lots of things will change, spring pocket locations, spring angles, RC, camber gain, ETC ETc. You have to know what you want and why you want it before you start. Our ELITE has a very good front end, but my driver needed it to work differently so I re designed the geometry to work with his driving style, not against it. I wanted the the front RC to be in a certain place statically and move to where I wanted it dynamically based on what I saw the car needed, Same for camber gain, etc. It ended up working very well. Is there 1 book that spells out exactly what to do? lol NO. This information is very hard to find. Lots of info explain static geometry but dynamic is where its at and very limited info in print on that.

Dave
    Thank you.... I totally understand
    G.K. Chesterton