Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Why so slow at Eldora in the trucks

Why are the trucks 5 seconds slower than the late models at Eldora? My assumption is they are heavier, less power and not really built to be on dirt...what am I missing?

they are heavier, have less power and aren't made for dirt.
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    Why are the trucks 5 seconds slower than the late models at Eldora? My assumption is they are heavier, less power and not really built to be on dirt...what am I missing?
    Yep. Heavy. Less Power. Horrible tire. Heavy. Horrible suspension. Heavy
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Yep they have very little grip just look at how they slide around like they are on grease. But it makes for a fun race to watch.

Yea, i just got hooked up with sling tv's new side with fox sports instead of ESPN and can't wait to watch tonight.

The same question can be asked in regards to why dirt late models are so much slower than winged 410 sprint cars. Does that mean late models are heavy. Horrible tires. Heavy. Horrible suspension. Heavy, as compared to a top notch 410 winged sprint car. I think not

The teams have these trucks set up to accommodate being raced on a dirt track. These racing machines have to adhere to rules as they relate to the genre and division in which they compete whether they're raced on dirt or concrete or asphalt.

They aint got them special "tars" either!........well..... some of them might!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The same question can be asked in regards to why dirt late models are so much slower than winged 410 sprint cars. Does that mean late models are heavy. Horrible tires. Heavy. Horrible suspension. Heavy, as compared to a top notch 410 winged sprint car. I think not

The teams have these trucks set up to accommodate being raced on a dirt track. These racing machines have to adhere to rules as they relate to the genre and division in which they compete whether they're raced on dirt or concrete or asphalt.
    Actually the sprint car speed is very simple. LIGHT. LOTS of aero. Huge Tires

They also have Horrible Suspension.

The trucks are forced by NASCAR to have horrible suspension regardless of surface. You are correct. In a way, late models have horrible suspension too, but at least it is optimized for the dirt.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    They aint got them special "tars" either!........well..... some of them might!
    Was thinking the same thing........all the dirt late model guys cheat it up at every turn, or so I've heard recently.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Actually the sprint car speed is very simple. LIGHT. LOTS of aero. Huge Tires

They also have Horrible Suspension.

The trucks are forced by NASCAR to have horrible suspension regardless of surface. You are correct. In a way, late models have horrible suspension too, but at least it is optimized for the dirt.
    You're right on all counts. But it all boils down to the same thing. Lighter racecars with more horsepower and devices to pin the car to the racing surface are always going to be faster and more nimble than heavier, more cumbersome racing machines. On any given occasion the big, heavy, cumbersome machines can, and do, produce better and more exciting racing than their lighter, more powerful cousins. The key words are on occasion.

They mentioned the trucks can't run more than 1.5 inch stagger for one thing

Famous NASCAR drivers will be there, that's enough to sell out. The racing is secondary. Heavy trucks on a hard black slick track going so slow that they can't help but be side by side! Sounds like it's just going to be GREAT!!!!

They need Bloomer there to fix their tires

faster and hooked up isn't always better.

embarrassing run by rico. came up a little short.

Default Rico

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    embarrassing run by rico. came up a little short.
    Oh,that was a cheap shot Zach!! That might come back to bite you in the balls!

Their slower so the fans dont get rubber lung and sue... lmfao
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

If Bobby wins this they will have to buy a huller .... just too carry his head cause it will be sooooooooooooooo Big.....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Their slower so the fans dont get rubber lung and sue... lmfao
    They sign a waiver........no possible way they could sue.

Pm umpskirt or his buddies dad for further details.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I'm not the biggest Pierce fan, but the way they keep d1ckriding Larson I sure hope he wins.