Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

has Larson won in CUP no we he win in cup maybe maybe not lets see a f1champ and indy winner vs a sprint car winner hmmm

the Eldora stock car record is 3 seconds quicker than the trucks good grief

They are like Super Stocks on a bad tire. I love it!

and lets put some oil dry on dirt what joke nascar is

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Dont Think I LOL harder then when he Hit that Jet Dryer... But you can thank him cause look at what the do now too dry the track and you can say it because of him LOL.....How can you not miss something 25 foot long and 7 foot wide........
    His rear end broke I think it was, trailing arm, something. They were having issues, why he was going pretty quick and by himself. Not that he didn't have issues his whole NASCAR career.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    the Eldora stock car record is 3 seconds quicker than the trucks good grief
    And the truck race was very entertaining though wasn't it

Quote Originally Posted by JinxNC View Post
    That my friends is why we watch DIRT TRACK RACING..... Dumbest bunch, of der her, notanicewordnotanicewordnotaniceword.....whatever. ...... hope all them (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) steering wheel holders wreck!

And this douche forum STILL "not a nice worded me......." What a joke!

Ok then lol

but Larson no longer races open wheels try again christopher bell and Rico yes Larson no
    And Larson still the best open wheel driver num nuts and by the way still races on dirt when he gets a chance
    Last edited by kidrock; 07-21-2016 at 09:39 PM.

well he better stay in open wheel because like the driver he replaced in NASCAR they are not cutting it in the big league
    You can be rest assurd Larson gets with one of the big three and he will start wining right away.

bull crap if he was good enough he should be in right don't you think would dump Patrick for him there is something amiss

bull crap if he was good enough he should be in right don't you think would dump Patrick for him there is something amiss
    And who's to say when Larson's contract is up that that won't happen. He's good enough but, since you have taken it this far you can't back out now. I will take the people in the indusrty word over you any day.
    Last edited by kidrock; 07-21-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Really now ask me if i give a crap what happens in nascrap

At least the winner's average speed wasn't slow - a blazing 41.971 mph!

CIRF posted an article earlier this week that told why Larson is with Ganassi. Chip was willing to give him a chance, when everyone else just wanted money. You see, some people still believe in loyalty. I say good for Kyle.

Running Eldora in the late '60s in the old pre-war ( that's WW II for the kids) coupes/sedans with flatheads & inline sixes the lap times we ran were in the high 20s-low 21 seconds. That was on brick hard 7 1/2 " tires with worse than terrible suspensions. The LMs, near new Chevelles, Torinos, Chargers & mostly big blocks were in the mid 19s. The non wing sprinters of the day were in the low 17s. Just some perspective, though I thought the truck race was entertaining if only to see the kids that hadn't run dirt before mostly get in trouble. Wonder how one of my '40 Ford sedans would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymo View Post
    CIRF posted an article earlier this week that told why Larson is with Ganassi. Chip was willing to give him a chance, when everyone else just wanted money. You see, some people still believe in loyalty. I say good for Kyle.
    and he will never win a race

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    At least the winner's average speed wasn't slow - a blazing 41.971 mph!
    my turdcell could out run that

Whether Larson ever wins a Cup race is irrelevant to his dirt racing prowess. He's won races on dirt in a half dozen different types of racecars. Crown jewel races to boot.

A victory in the Rolex 24 is a bigger accomplishment than almost any Cup race and Larson has already won that.

Relative speed is irrelevant to the quality of racing. Anyone who questions the quality of the Eldora truck race may want to reexamine their expectations in regards to the entertainment value and quality of auto racing.

but never in a crown jewel with a late model why s that , sorry racing is about how fast you can get around the track not running around in a snails pace

Larson's ambition was always to get to NASCAR where, unfortunately, the big money and fame is. Success in late models have never really provided a pathway to the big time but there are several open wheel dirt track drivers that have made the transition and have been successful at the Cup level. We all know who they are.

Winning The Chili Bowl propelled Tim McCreadie to a NASCAR opportunity and unfortunately he couldn't make it stick. The same can't be said for winners of the World Hundred, The Dream or Knoxville. Maybe young Pierce will be the exception, I for one hope he is.

If dirt late model racing was a common pathway to NASCAR, as dirt open wheel racing is, it's a safe wager that Larson would have won several late model "crown jewel's" by now. He's that good.

As someone else posted earlier, if speed is the prerequisite to great racing then airplane races and/or drag racing is your thing. Or, if we're talking dirt track oval racing then 410 winged sprint cars must be the best racing. Most don't subscribe to the "faster is better racing" theory, including myself. Pure speed never has, or ever will be the main ingredient in determining the quality of racing.