Thread: WVMS Story

Default WVMS Story

Story in Parkersburg news says WVMS will be available for sale or lease in 2017. State is repairing the old tunnel that is under I-77. Maybe someone can bring her back to life someday!
    It's ALL about the Globes!!!!!

That's awesome news.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I would like to see it, maybe fix the track back to it's original shape to make the portion of the hill side seating usable again.

Always wanted to go there .......never thought I would get the chance again.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Build a replica of Fairbury there and the place will be hugely successful. Then Carl can finally get the DTWC out of Portsmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Build a replica of Fairbury there and the place will be hugely successful. Then Carl can finally get the DTWC out of Portsmouth.
    I always thought should've built a smaller track in the infield so they can run some lower paying races. The big track is just too hard on equipment for most guys to afford

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    I always thought should've built a smaller track in the infield so they can run some lower paying races. The big track is just too hard on equipment for most guys to afford
    They basically need to scrap the entire big track except for a portion of the frontstretch and build a 1/4 or 3/8 mile. Relocate all of the light poles so that the smaller track is super illuminated and you're back in business. If the track is built right it won't need a guard rail or wall in any of the turns or the backstretch to make racing there even easier on equipment like how Lernerville is set up.

Default Wvms

Quote Originally Posted by World100 View Post
    Story in Parkersburg news says WVMS will be available for sale or lease in 2017. State is repairing the old tunnel that is under I-77. Maybe someone can bring her back to life someday!
    Hey World 100 good to see a post from you again! Some good times there for sure.My favorite night has to be when we " gathered up " all the Hooter girls on the Polaris for a "photo shoot". Any idea where those pics are? "It's all about the GLOBES!"
    Last edited by Dirt Draggin; 07-22-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Hope it opens back up. Take it back to the original track layout and then bring the infield in another 50 feet all the way around to shorten it up a little and lets go racing!

Just received the new issue of Dirt Late Model magazine in today's mail. 2 pages of color photos of WVMS as it looks today....I was really surprised on how run down the place looks after only 3 years of not racing????

They basically need to scrap the entire big track except for a portion of the frontstretch and build a 1/4 or 3/8 mile. Relocate all of the light poles so that the smaller track is super illuminated and you're back in business. If the track is built right it won't need a guard rail or wall in any of the turns or the backstretch to make racing there even easier on equipment like how Lernerville is set up.
    I thought they had chopped the big monster down the last year they raced???

Quote Originally Posted by edavis71 View Post
    I thought they had chopped the big monster down the last year they raced???
    Not enough and not correctly. They did it as cheaply as possible and made a mess of it.

That really sucks. I haven't been since 96 or so but from my memory it was a beautiful facility

Not enough and not correctly. They did it as cheaply as possible and made a mess of it.
    Sad. Seen some good races there back in the day and loved that terrace hillside seating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edavis71 View Post
    Sad. Seen some good races there back in the day and loved that terrace hillside seating!!!
    That hillside seating was awesome.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.