Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North/South 100

Default North/South 100

Lets start talking about the North/South 100. Who is going and who ya picking to win?

hear that Izzo has finally accepted and will be in the HOF

I'm thinking Thursday will be the best racing of the whole show.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

I'll be there all 3 days, last year was the first time for us, really enjoyed it. As for the winner, I don't know, should be a nice field of cars going for a chance at 80 grand. You'll have the regulars that are tough such as Davenport, Bloomquist, Landers, Owens. I hope to see a few drivers that don't normally come to the North South such as Moyer and Babb.

I'll be there camping on wednesday. gonna be a great weekend
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

I will be there on Wednesday. Has anyone camped at the track before ? Will be the first time camping there for me. If I get there Wednesday should I be able to get a decent camping spot?

Yes, you should get a pretty descent spot on Wednesday. They have a big field for camping, however, bring some wood or blocks incase you don't get on a real level ground. The field is level in some areas and some areas not so much.

Jason's right, the rolling hills in the back can be quite challenging. Bring plenty of leveling blocks to correct the situation.

Bloomer called me the other day, said i got this, all of it.

Clean sweep.

Just say no...

Apparently he didn't need much of I 80's money, looked kind flat in the feature. LOL!! Just sayin'

Thanks guys for the camping info. i hope I get there soon enough to get a kinda flat spot. Has anyone went up and marked off a spot before they went to the race? I may try to do that . What would you take to mark a spot/ sorry to wear you guys out with questions, just kinda a newbie to the camping thing.

I know in the past some folks would start bringing their campers about a week in advanced to get the prime front lot spots. Back lot, not so sure.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by GP27 View Post
    Thanks guys for the camping info. i hope I get there soon enough to get a kinda flat spot. Has anyone went up and marked off a spot before they went to the race? I may try to do that . What would you take to mark a spot/ sorry to wear you guys out with questions, just kinda a newbie to the camping thing.
    From Florence Speedway's website:

Camping is allowed at the track free of charge during the North/South week and weekend. No hookups are available. The camping areas will be marked and site maps with the camping areas marked will be posted at the track. You can begin marking camping spots at 12:00 PM on Saturday August 6th and at any time during the week after that. All camping spots are first come first served.

I look for Bloomer to be a threat as always, but I'm picking Brandon Shepard

Read a post on facebook about Lucas providing the right rear tire for just the feature, no cutting or grinding. Anyone else heard this?

I havent heard anything about Lucas providing the right rear. Very interesting. anyone else heard anything of this ? Is this just for the North/South ?

Just for the N/S, yes. Supposedly this came from someone in lucas series. IMO it should be both rears though.

It's just rumor that I've seen. We should hear if it's true or not within the next few days.

Im picking a Club 29 car to win Both nights .....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Something will be coming out on the tires probably today. They were talking about it with the series director at Macon last night. I couldn't hear what he was saying as they had music blaring at the same time. I also walked by the drivers meeting & heard him mention something about tires for North South but didn't catch the details. James Essex did say Lucas would have a press release coming out about it. I imagine Dirt on Dirt will have the skinny sometime today.

Now that could get interesting. I just hope whatever they do doesnt take away from the show. There has been some pretty good racing there and I like the format they use.