Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North/South 100

Hey when is everybody heading up to the North/South ? I will be there Wednesday, looking for some people to hang out with and do a little bench racing.

gonna take my camper up the weekend before but will be there to stay wednesday evening
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

bradc do you really trust taking your camper up that soon? Im new to the camping scene and only have a popup and I thought of taking my up the Saturday before as well.

not had any trouble taking stuff early in years past. quite a few people take theirs early as well. if you dont want to leave your camper take some caution tape and a few poles and mark off a spot. thats what i done last year
    Last edited by bradc; 07-28-2016 at 12:23 PM.

I will be going out to Florence on Sat Aug 6th to mark off a camping spot. We are just going to be tent camping. Any suggestions on the best place to set up at? Do they bring in showers or porta potties?

Thanks,

I will be there Saturday as well, maybe we can meet up? I have never camped there either. I have a popup and I dont know if they seperate tent camping from campers. I have asked on Florence website about showers with no response yet. Anyone know the answer to this ??.

I don't think they have showers but they have a pond in the pits lol

Surely they will have porta showers for a 3 day show. that pond may be an option after 4 days at a dirt track. Lol no showers , they will be a bunch of stinky people on about Friday !! lol

Quote Originally Posted by birky time View Post
    I don't think they have showers but they have a pond in the pits lol
    The pond is now gone. It got filled in a few years ago.

I honestly can't remember if they bring in shower houses or not down there.

they are porta johns around but i don't think they are showers. its a short drive out to the truck stop for a shower though.

Top row seats for the whole weekend. Should have 70+ cars easily. Maybe 80. Lots of loot being handed out. 3000 to start Saturday alone. I hope no driver dominates the weekend. The usual suspects will be near the front most of the time though. Jimmy Owens will surface as a threat to win.
    He runs terrific at this track. O'Neal should be competing for the top spot too. Just mentioning a couple drivers who have not run all that well lately. Someone mentioned B. Sheppard. Will be interested to see how he does. I am guessing Bobby Pearce will be there too. D. Moran looked real good earlier in the season at Florence.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GP27 View Post
    I will be there Saturday as well, maybe we can meet up? I have never camped there either. I have a popup and I dont know if they seperate tent camping from campers. I have asked on Florence website about showers with no response yet. Anyone know the answer to this ??.
    They never had showers their before , but it's never been a 3 da h event . there's big bone camp ground couple miles down the road that you mite shower at !!

we are a week and a half away from what i believe will be some great racing. Whos going up Saturday to mark your camping spot ? i will be there for the first time camping. Should be a blast. Whos your winner ?