Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

try Belle Claire same size track but inside wals

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    try Belle Claire same size track but inside wals
    IMO macon has betterracing. sad to see Babb & feger out early. saw fegerhad steering issues all night. what happen to Babb, i woud have put $$$ onhim

not what I saw sat can you say lapped traffic in 4 laps that's belle claire

Been to both Little Belleville and Mighty Macon many times. The racing at Macon is generally better than at Little Belleville. However, both host some of the best racing you'll see all year long.

There used to be a 1/5 mile in Macomb Illinois also. These tracks where made during the Midget hay days in the 40s 50s. I used to go to them because I worked with a couple guys that had Midgets. All three put on a good show. It is amazing how good the LM shows are on them

seen video of Macomb looked huge compared to Macon or Belle Claire

congrats to the 32 team... now go get the PDC

seen video of Macomb looked huge compared to Macon or Belle Claire
    could be because the lack of a wall. All three use the same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    could be because the lack of a wall. All three use the same gear.
    that could be but it looked like the straights were longer
    Last edited by old fan; 07-27-2016 at 12:50 PM.

I've been to about 30 Herald & Review 100's and all of the Lucas Oil Late Model Series races at Macon and about 80% of all those events featured some of the best racing we see all year. Last night was no exception.

21 cars doesn't sound like it has the makings of a great show but it certainly was a great show despite the car count. If the race last night doesn't blow the "big car counts are required for a great show" theory out of the water, I don't know what does.

I almost didn't go to Mighty Macon last night due to some pending family duties but I'm REALLY glad I did!!

I would take the PDC over that show any day of the week, you would think of people behind Macon it would be updated , the mens rest room you would think somebody would fall threw those boards good grief grandstands are oh could us railings though and those markings in the stands mean something
    Last edited by old fan; 07-27-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Were we talking about the PDC? Are you disoriented from another asphalt face plant? LOL!! Is your face gonna' be alright, litey? LOL!!

Over the 26 year history of the PDC there have been several that were less than stellar. I know, I've been to almost all of them. And this is the first year since way back in the 1970's that the Fairbury $hitters have been something more than a rather stomach turning experience.

I could give a chit about the past PDC the recent one were top notch yes the $hitters were bad operative were bad Macon is still bad with a lot of money behind atleast enough to put new ones those are the same ones they had probably when opened up

You really could give a $hit less? Wow! I figured you couldn't give a $hit less but I guess I was wrong. LOL!!!

One thing we can all depend on never changing is your unwavering ability to impress us with your utter stupidity! LOL!!

really I don't travel in the dead of winter for d@mn midget race

Great race....would have liked to seen it in person!

I was hoarse for yelling at EPJ to stay up on the wheel! He did a great job and proved he can get it done if the cars right!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I've been to about 30 Herald & Review 100's and all of the Lucas Oil Late Model Series races at Macon and about 80% of all those events featured some of the best racing we see all year. Last night was no exception.

21 cars doesn't sound like it has the makings of a great show but it certainly was a great show despite the car count. If the race last night doesn't blow the "big car counts are required for a great show" theory out of the water, I don't know what does.

I almost didn't go to Mighty Macon last night due to some pending family duties but I'm REALLY glad I did!!
    A bigger car count doesn't mean a better feature race. One has nothing to do with the other. However, a bigger car count definitely means a better show overall. If for no other reason than it means more racing. I don't think anyone could argue otherwise.

really I don't travel in the dead of winter for d@mn midget race
    1 of the 2 biggest dirt track races of the year is well worth the trip ANY time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    A bigger car count doesn't mean a better feature race. One has nothing to do with the other. However, a bigger car count definitely means a better show overall. If for no other reason than it means more racing. I don't think anyone could argue otherwise.
    Sure can. Quality trumps quantity every time. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Sure can. Quality trumps quantity every time. It's as simple as that.
    I agree...........................................