Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    what are you smoking
    Nothing fruit loops

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    IMO macon has betterracing. sad to see Babb & feger out early. saw fegerhad steering issues all night. what happen to Babb, i woud have put $$$ onhim
    You have to excuse fruit loops he thinks only in his area you can have good racing.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    You have to excuse fruit loops he thinks only in his area you can have good racing.
    since when is FALS and Macon in my area that might be your area

What a race. That last caution, boo. But I still think Bobby had her. Helluva a race, and good driving by all them front runners.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

That race last night is why I love this sport. When the racing is that good it doesn't matter who wins; you still have to love it. Four different chassis types in contention for the win right down to the wire too!

Does anyone know what happened to Owens? I figure he must have had a flat to finish at the tail of the lead lap.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Sure can. Quality trumps quantity every time. It's as simple as that.
    Well obviously. I assumed the quality part was a given.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    What a race. That last caution, boo. But I still think Bobby had her. Helluva a race, and good driving by all them front runners.
    It really was a great show. It seemed as if when anyone would show Pierce a front fender he'd just turn it up a notch and put some distance on them.

I don't know as I've ever seen as much rear steer in a car as what Brandon Sheppard was showing. Half or more of the left rear was disappearing behind the sheet metal ahead of the wheel opening when he got back on the gas getting off the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It really was a great show. It seemed as if when anyone would show Pierce a front fender he'd just turn it up a notch and put some distance on them.

I don't know as I've ever seen as much rear steer in a car as what Brandon Sheppard was showing. Half or more of the left rear was disappearing behind the sheet metal ahead of the wheel opening when he got back on the gas getting off the corners.
    Brandon or Bobby, on the cushion, man. Honestly, Brandon is one of the most aggressive ever on the cushion. JD too, but Brandon, man.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang D. Cushion View Post
    Seems like Bobby's car never squats in the corner at Macon, all others squat when they let off gas like what we normally see.
    Think about this, Could it be, that Bobby is never really off the gas? Trail breaking helps for a smooth transition in the corners. The guys that use the throttle as a on/ off switch aren't as smooth and have trouble getting drive off the corner. This is one of the things that is called talent. It's hard to do well.

Remember when everyone criticized Bobby for winning on the bottom...like that's easier or something smh...now you can't get him off the cushion

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    Remember when everyone criticized Bobby for winning on the bottom...like that's easier or something smh...now you can't get him off the cushion
    Yep. I personally don't care how you win, long as it isn't a dirty move to win, top, bottom, middle, whatever.

Make no doubt about it, Bobby can still run the bottom if needed. Eventually I think he will run the bottom and middle, only moving to the cushion when needed, like Moyer, Birky, Owens. It's a learning curve. While that cushion pays off, it's dangerous. One Ah Chit, wipes out ten atta boys. Bottom line is, you got to run where the guy in front of you, isn't. The ability to run low just for a few laps won the Fan Frenzy race at FALLS this year. This kid has all the tools. He is just plain fun to watch. B Shep is also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    While that cushion pays off, it's dangerous. One Ah Chit, wipes out ten atta boys.
    The best line I ever heard about racing on the bottom came from none other than Mr. Jack Hewitt. He is quoted as saying " I don't like to be a bottom feeder, racing on the bottom is too much like having a real job".

I reckon Ol' Jack knows what he's talking about.