Default Broken drive line?

Car is a 3000 pound 3 link sportsman car, we took it to a track we have raced at only once before and twisted the drive line in qualifying, I know it didn't happen from hp or torque, what can cause it? Maybe bottom it out? Track is bigger then our normal track and normally have 1/2 to 3/4inch of yoke before it bottoms out. Didnt rub or hit anything, and u joints were not broken, trying to find other things to look at and I'm sure someone on here has had I happen to them
    Thanks

1/2-3/4 travel before bottom out is probably not enough. But it also probably depends on trailing arm, panhard bar, and pull bar angle. I wander if it bottomed out hard and crushed/twisted driveshaft.
    Does your rear end/ gear turn easy without wheels and driveshaft attached?
    Does tranny spin easy?(In or out of vehicle).

If you have springs out of car and move rear end threw travel range, how close are you to bottoming out yoke in trans? Also you need to figure in the pinion raising up under acceleration into your measurements.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Gears and tranny are both free, lr is chained down at 4.5 in of drop, I'm starting to think it hiked up on the rr and bottomed it out, it happened about about 2 car lengths before I was gonna lift. Got a inch shorter drive line so we will try that,
    We have 12 shows on that setup and havent had a problem yet so that's what made me curious and bars have stayed them same location,