Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opinions Of Devin Moran

How do you guys think Devin Moran's ability stacks up against other young drivers like Bobby Pierce and B-Shep? Provided he eventually gets sponsorship and is able to run a full-time schedule do you think he has the talent to be one DLM's stars?

I think he's got the talent, but it's difficult for me to really judge where he stacks up since money/sponsorship has kept him from running as frequently as some of the other younger drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang D. Cushion View Post
    Played beer pong with his crew at eldora seem like good group, until I see him bang cushion at FALS or Macon to win he isn't in same league as two mentioned.
    I don't think those 2 tracks alone make a driver, lol. I'd say if he were in the Best Performance ride, he would be putting up similar results to Shepp

Your right, it is difficult to compare him to Bobby and Brandon. I think he has as much talent as the two other boys, just not the seat time. He has a excellent mentor as good or better that the other two. His Dad knows how to make a race car fast, no matter what brand it is. As I see it, his only short coming is the ability to secure sponsors. That, no matter what you think is a necessary part of being a successful race car driver. There are a lot of talented drivers sitting on a couch. I don't think he has the knowledge to run a 7 figure business from a toterhome and pay his own way, so I would be putting on that boyish charm and beat the bushes for sponsors. They usually don't come to you. That is where he is lacking.

Moran is not even close to booby talent, hard to tell about Bshep considering he cheated and soaked his tires to achieve any success.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Moran is not even close to booby talent, hard to tell about Bshep considering he cheated and soaked his tires to achieve any success.
    That is an idiotic comment.....

He is definitely a good young driver. Wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    That is an idiotic comment.....
    Consider the source
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He is a different style driver than B Shepp or little Bobby. I think he needs to push the issue more at times but he seems to always bring a race car home in one piece and thats part of the game too. IMO

We all know he is a good driver. I just want to see him tour more. He seems to just stay close to home so we may never really know how good he could be

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post

And we see that you are still an idiot ptown!! Hows your momma treating you now days? did she ever carpet and remodel your bedroom down stairs in the basement so your old lady wouldnt have to stair at the water heater and the furnace when you were hittin it? come on now ptown you can tell us we wont tell anyone else we promise!! take your time giving us an answer because i know you are still using an old commadore 64 computer and all you havent been able to get yourself an upgrade living in the hood and all.... You Goofy Fuker!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Devin Moran hasnt even had the chance to show his talent yet because he hasnt ever had the financial backing that he needs to have the best equipment that he needs.... put him in the right ride and that boy will win a ton of races.... and yes i think he is every bit as talented as Pierce and B Shepp!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Devin has good equipment no junk

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    Devin has good equipment no junk
    I don't think anyone is saying he has junk, he just doesn't have the resources of the other two.
    There were also a lot of people who thought he would take a step backwards going to a Barry Wright, but that hasn't been the case

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying he has junk, he just doesn't have the resources of the other two.
    There were also a lot of people who thought he would take a step backwards going to a Barry Wright, but that hasn't been the case
    You have that right...He is one of the only main stream racers I know of making a Wright car work. IMO all three drivers are really talented, Devin doesn't make enemies which is good and bad, he could have more wins if he didn't care to put the door to his competitors, but he doesn't and IMO you don't see that much anymore. Motors are the biggest thing I have noticed that the Moran Crew needs, the last two years they have had to miss races in the middle of the year because of being short on motors. All three are different and all three are really good young talents and future of the sport we all love.

I have had the pleasure of watching 99 come up through the ranks. The young man has talent and a bright future. I like his style and particularly like the way he can find a groove and will search to do so. Shepherd and Pierce are cushion riders and if the cushion isn't there neither aren't normally a factor. That being said I would I would take Pierce or B Shep on a heavy track also because those two cats have the Ballz to stick one down in a corner also. Moran with the right backing has a bright future with the right backing.

I have seen Devin race quite a bit, and I think the talent is there. How far he gets depends on equipment and backing as it always does. Bobby Pierce will probably leave dirt track racing at some point. Nascar will be calling. He has star written all over him. I do realize, as all drivers he has fans and detractors, i am just looking at without bias one way or the other.

The kid is a top notch talent. He has as much raw ability as the others mentioned. Was he not somewhere around the 6-7th place mark in the Lucas standings when he bailed out due to lack of funds last year?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I'm a fan of Devin... mostly because he's young and that's what we will need to keep this sport going so I hope he does well..

hate to hear that funds are keeping him back from getting out there a lot more so if he needs to stay close to home for a few years then so be it

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Devin Moran hasnt even had the chance to show his talent yet because he hasnt ever had the financial backing that he needs to have the best equipment that he needs.... put him in the right ride and that boy will win a ton of races.... and yes i think he is every bit as talented as Pierce and B Shepp!!
    In my opinion, he is a lot cleaner a driver than Donnie was.

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    We all know he is a good driver. I just want to see him tour more. He seems to just stay close to home so we may never really know how good he could be
    We watched him run three straight nights against the best of the best at the GIS Lucas races back in February. He ran around the top ten all three races. He can wheel it against anybody.