Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dustin Linville/Pierce

He done with the Pierce already? See it for sale on racingjunk.com

he is back in the older swartz car
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

Figured that would happen. Rooster is really good in the Swartz stuff. Didn't figure the pierce would last long. When I saw him run the Pierce, he did not look comfortable with it. Did not look like it would do what he wanted it too.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I think he had top five finishes each time out...you'd think he'd give it more than 7 races

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    I think he had top five finishes each time out...you'd think he'd give it more than 7 races
    At Florence specifically, I would say he was 3 to 4 tenths slower. He tried all the tricks he knew.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Yep, really telling at Florence. Probably one of his best tracks

That Pierce just did not work out for Linville, it never did run as good as the Swartz car for him. They could never get the power to the ground on those dang dry slick tracks.

The one Hedrick had for 5 weeks could not sell it fast enuff, and me got lucky cause the 2nd car he never picked up, he sold it be for it was done..He said could not get it to stick and the wheel spin was sad real sad ....and at the time he was winning 10 or more races a year....

Little Bobby seems to do right well in one.................

They must not be as smart as the toll cool one on setting the car up. I've seen the kid drive that car on the top or bottom and win it and against some pretty good competetion.

and the kid can wheel a car , of course how many yrs has been racing

Does someone from the chassis builder go to the track for a guy like linville to get the car going ?
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

to answer Bob, I don't know if pierce does or not, I know Audie has went before to help. That said if your close many chassis builders will stop by and help you get lined out, some charge some don't. Typically your smaller builders would be more apt to just show up and try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Does someone from the chassis builder go to the track for a guy like linville to get the car going ?
    With Bobby racing70-80 nights and being Bob is his crew, it would probably be tough to do.
    8/13/16

Thru the week bob is accessible but come the weekend he's all about Bobby...they give you some setups to help you get going...John sheets won in his first night ever in a late model driving one of culps old Pierce cars and put a "basic set up" and dominated

He probably just figured out the Pierce wasn't a good fit for his driving style. It's not like a team changing chassis, then changing back because the other car didn't work out so well is a rare occurrence.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

dustin was getting close to a big win with Swartz car I mean he ran 8th in the north south and the world100 he was running well until I think clanton stuffed him...good luck dustin hope you can pull out a big win for yourself and team

Pierce car is Built to fit the way Bobby drives .. If you drive like bobby you should do good in car, You dont you wont.....I think there cars are More a fit Car then a lot of the others....Some drivers can make all cars work ... Some need a tipe of car that fits them......Bob dont have as much time too work with people that buy there cars and i think it has hurt there sales.....Its like all places that the CEO is not at home the place dont do as good...Bob Working on his Kids car has hurt all there cars.....

Weaver does pretty good in his Pierce cars, and doesn't drive like Bobby. That being said, I imagine more info goes to Pierce from Kevin, than Kevin asks from them.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Weaver does pretty good in his Pierce cars, and doesn't drive like Bobby. That being said, I imagine more info goes to Pierce from Kevin, than Kevin asks from them.
    I think they drive a lot alike ..But for the Force you way in or slam a slide job ... Witch Weaver will not do....