Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

HEY mudd you show no better than wth CIRF its open wheel or nothing ,INDY would fine if we had more americans in the race yes cirf its big race he11 a 2 yr old can tell you that but that is the only event that that series draws a crowd and full field kinda like your beloved indoor event people have more options for entertainment also

Lets make no bones about it the Indy 500 is a Historic event and people from all over the world want to go to the race or drivers want to drive in the race but, as far as the rest of the series they do have a few other events that draw a good crowd and the same can be said about Nascar as far as a few events draw a good crowd but, niether series draws a crowd like it did in the past. Racing is just not as popular as it once was. Times have changed but, like I said it's time for Nascar to pull the plug at Indy.

and its time for INDY car to pull the plug on a number of events also do you want that also soon we have 2 events all year for you Daytona and INDY wow and no short track racing and you do know Indiana is a open wheel state most people showing up would not be from the hoosier state

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    You like train races, fine with me.... I prefer real race cars.....
    Reread post #19 and let the numbers sink in a bit before replying in a manner that suggests you are a fool.

Train race? Not even close.

Crowd size Brickyard vs. 500? Once again, not remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    INDY would fine if we had more americans in the race yes cirf its big race he11 a 2 yr old can tell you that but that is the only event that that series draws a crowd and full field kinda like your beloved indoor event people have more options for entertainment also
    I've quoted attendance numbers for the Indy Car races in Tampa, Long Beach, Cleveland and Alabama. The attendance is pretty good at those venue's by anyone's standards. I personally don't like street courses or road courses but that's a personal bias and obviously a lot of people feel differently.

The Chili Bowl is not only beloved by me but also by 340 race teams and a sell out crowd of 11,000 fans for 5 nights straight.
    Last edited by CIRF; 07-29-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Yet they are staying on with Kyle Larson in a dying series. Whats up with that? All that they have won in INDY is something to be proud of. Does it have anything to do with the fact of Target being Targeted over the transgender issue with their restrooms ?
    .......................it's Targay....

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    .......................it's Targay....
    That's the French version!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Reread post #19 and let the numbers sink in a bit before replying in a manner that suggests you are a fool.

Train race? Not even close.

Crowd size Brickyard vs. 500? Once again, not remotely close.
    Dud, what part of this conversation are you missing....go ahead, enjoy your train races, I don't care... they do nothing for me.... well short of putting me to sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Lets make no bones about it the Indy 500 is a Historic event and people from all over the world want to go to the race or drivers want to drive in the race but, as far as the rest of the series they do have a few other events that draw a good crowd and the same can be said about Nascar as far as a few events draw a good crowd but, niether series draws a crowd like it did in the past. Racing is just not as popular as it once was. Times have changed but, like I said it's time for Nascar to pull the plug at Indy.
    I have zero urge to go to an INDY car race, even at Indy.... doesn't interest me in the least.... and I agree, NASCAR needs to dump that venue... OK for a while but not so much any more... I have also no desire to go to the Daytona 500..... Bristol, Richmond, PIR etc yes....

Dud, what part of this conversation are you missing....go ahead, enjoy your train races, I don't care... they do nothing for me.... well short of putting me to sleep...
    I'm not missing anything, Dud! LOL! You are not a real race fan if you imply the last 4 or 5 Indy 500's weren't exciting and entertaining. Anyone who would conjure up the phony audacity to call them train races is in denial at best and an imbecile at worst. I'll let you pick which we can call you!!

I have zero urge to go to an INDY car race, even at Indy.... doesn't interest me in the least
    You probably have zero interest and/or urge to go set on a toilet just prior to taking a $hit in you pants but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. LOL!!!

Just read where the Target sponsorship deal on the #42 car that Larson drives for nasty Ganassi ends at the completion of the 2017 Cup season. We'll see if Target is willing to continue being the primary sponsor of the #42 car for the 2018 season and beyond. If I were to be compelled to make a wager I'd be leaning towards Target ceasing that primary sponsorship deal. We shall see.

Train races eh? I take it you have never seen a NASKY road race or many of the hardly any passing races at Dover or New Hampshire ??? The race at New Hampshire was so bad that even Jeff Burton led every single lap !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Yea, the biggest race in the World that has the largest number of people in attendance on a single day in the history of sporting events is a train race! LOL!! In 2013 the Indy 500 had 68 lead changes, 6 lead changes in the last 15 laps! In 2014 the Indy 500 had 34 lead changes, 5 lead changes in the last 15 laps! In 2015 the Indy 500 had 37 lead changes, 5 lead changes in the last 15 lapd! In 2016 the Indy 500 had 54 lead changes, 6 lead changes in the last 15 laps! Muddy ol' buddy, it's obvious you're a fool, but stop going out of your way to prove it!! LOL!!
    All were barnburners without a SNOOZER in the bunch !! AND there were no hot dog wrapper cautions, no lucky dog gimmick, and no multiple green white checkers in the lot of them. NASKY _ LISTEN UP ; look and learn how to do things on up correctly !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have zero urge to go to an INDY car race, even at Indy.... doesn't interest me in the least.... and I agree, NASCAR needs to dump that venue... OK for a while but not so much any more... I have also no desire to go to the Daytona 500..... Bristol, Richmond, PIR etc yes....

There all good races to go to but, Bristol is not what it used to be but, to me I don't have a problem with what tracks or what type of racing you like or don't like. And yes Nascar needs to end the marriage at Indy it's just not working for either of them anymore.

I'm not missing anything, Dud! LOL! You are not a real race fan if you imply the last 4 or 5 Indy 500's weren't exciting and entertaining. Anyone who would conjure up the phony audacity to call them train races is in denial at best and an imbecile at worst. I'll let you pick which we can call you!! no he only works on race cars how about you

And it's photo finish!!! What a train race!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    All were barnburners without a SNOOZER in the bunch !! AND there were no hot dog wrapper cautions, no lucky dog gimmick, and no multiple green white checkers in the lot of them. NASKY _ LISTEN UP ; look and learn how to do things on up correctly !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Correct on all accounts Rr.

Poor muddy, he tries so hard to discredit and disparage the great racing of the Indy 500, it's futility gets him so geeked up I picture him hyperventilating and shooting spittle all over his monitor and keyboard and then goes and kicks the dog! LOL!!!

Muddy knows it's true but just can't seem to fess up to the fact that the past 4 or 5 Indy 500's have been great races no matter what your preferences are. He seems to be in denial about the 500 just as mud cluck is about clinton. Both refuse to admit the obvious but it is fun watching them get beside themselves!!LOL!!

well CIRFY Mud might a good reason for that since he works on a race team

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    And it's photo finish!!! What a train race!!
    is that black sunshine on the right