Default Maybe a dumb question?

I have been a fan for many years of watching cars go in circles but I'm a little confused on the subject of tire cheaters. I worked for a competitive super late model team for years but havnt been around the pits in close to 15 years. Back then we had compounds in a Hoosier tire from 3s, 6s, 11s etc etc up to I think a 70 was about the hardest tire you would ever run. My question is..? Does Lucas oil or Woo series have a tire rule? With the compounds of yesteryear being so close together what would be the point of doping the tire with the tires being within 6-8 points on the durometer? I'm guessing the tires they let you run are either soft, medium or hard? I'm guessing the falsely accused thought the medium was to soft and the hard was to hard? Any info would be appreciated

I don't know the answer, but seeing as how the tire fiasco is such a popular topic I'm surprised someone else hasn't answered. There seem to be a lot of experts on the subject.

Softer 20's 30's and 40's harder. I think WoO and Lucas are different though on what compound you can run where on the car. But honestly this whole tire deal is REALLY starting to get old just like the NASCAR/lugnut ordeal.

One solution to this problem don't cheat then it won't be an issue.

Most people don't treat tire to soften the tires but treat them so they will fire off sooner and won't seal up as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    One solution to this problem don't cheat then it won't be an issue.
    People have been cheating at every form of competition since there was competition. So not exactly that easy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Most people don't treat tire to soften the tires but treat them so they will fire off sooner and won't seal up as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    People have been cheating at every form of competition since there was competition. So not exactly that easy.

The biggest solution would be like someone else has already mentioned in another thread on this subject would be to run an open tire rule but Lucas and Woo are scared of the American Racer Tires coming back in and ruining they're deal with hoosier....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    The biggest solution would be like someone else has already mentioned in another thread on this subject would be to run an open tire rule but Lucas and Woo are scared of the American Racer Tires coming back in and ruining they're deal with hoosier....
    I agree with opening it up to allow AR, but still tech them.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I bet most of that Hoosier money makes it back to the drivers in the end. Neither tire co. Really pays too much when you are allowing both and that makes it a lot harder to come up with point fund money, etc.

Not to mention I really dont get the logic, you caught my favorite driver cheating so instead of penalizing you should just make what he did legal. It kind of reminds me of all these criminal sympathizers that are upset at police for doing their jobs... same mentality.

Opening tires up to prepping, etc is just one more thing that would hurt local cars. If your track does not allow it them you have to prep them just to run one race. If your track does allow them then that is several more hours you have to spend each week in the shop.

All the people saying this stuff need to talk to some drivers about it. Everyone Ive talked to is totally against it, and I saw also that FASTRAK asked their drivers and it was an overwhelming no as well. It takes a lot of time and money to run a DLM, adding more time and money to the equation wont help.

Thanks,
    Jeff

There going to cheat, a tire prepped is about $300 bucks,adavanges is smaller teams,not pro's but guys with jobs can't afford them, so this will help the pro's.Like when Yates was selling motor kitsfor 42k,them Bloomer talked them into going up to 52k, so the smaller teams can't afford,money wins,only way to fix the problem is open up Hoosiers. Just think if they can tell you what tire company to run,can they tell you what motor company to run?

ooops try again http://woolms.com/tire-rules this weekend on hoosiers only had 59 cars
    Last edited by old fan; 07-31-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    There going to cheat, a tire prepped is about $300 bucks,adavanges is smaller teams,not pro's but guys with jobs can't afford them, so this will help the pro's.Like when Yates was selling motor kitsfor 42k,them Bloomer talked them into going up to 52k, so the smaller teams can't afford,money wins,only way to fix the problem is open up Hoosiers. Just think if they can tell you what tire company to run,can they tell you what motor company to run?
    Bloomer talked them into upping the price? Lmao. I'm guessing when they went from the standard motor, to all the R&D they put into the RY45, is why the price hike. Not to mention, news flash, RY doesn't sell the motors anymore. They quit doing it because of lack of profit. Andy Durham, who used to be at RY, and I assume, Cornett, have them.

They make the stuff, quit putting them together.

As if with smaller teams $42k and $52k makes a lot of difference. These motors new are not for "low budget"/"smaller teams". Just like a Longhorn and Rocket XR1 that are in the $40-50k range I believe, aren't for smaller teams. Though quite a bit of people are starting to have them.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 07-31-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I bet most of that Hoosier money makes it back to the drivers in the end. Neither tire co. Really pays too much when you are allowing both and that makes it a lot harder to come up with point fund money, etc.

Not to mention I really dont get the logic, you caught my favorite driver cheating so instead of penalizing you should just make what he did legal. It kind of reminds me of all these criminal sympathizers that are upset at police for doing their jobs... same mentality.

Opening tires up to prepping, etc is just one more thing that would hurt local cars. If your track does not allow it them you have to prep them just to run one race. If your track does allow them then that is several more hours you have to spend each week in the shop.

All the people saying this stuff need to talk to some drivers about it. Everyone Ive talked to is totally against it, and I saw also that FASTRAK asked their drivers and it was an overwhelming no as well. It takes a lot of time and money to run a DLM, adding more time and money to the equation wont help.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    The problem with only allowing one company to supply tires is that company doesn't care or even know for that matter if the current tire that they are supplying to the racers is the best it can be !!! America is about open markets where companies should always be challenged to make their product better for the consumer than the next company.i think if you asked racers if they thought competition in the tire game would make racing better ( which it would) they probably would be more prone to answer yes as oposed to answering no the way you asked the question !
    Last edited by dirtMAN007; 07-31-2016 at 10:38 AM.

woolms does allow American racers at tracks the local run that tire