Default Mastersbilt Motor Mounts

I'm fixing to drop my steel block in my Mastersbilt chassis and I have a few questions if any of you would be kind enough to answer. First of all what set back do most guys run? If I use the standard motor mounts what set back would that be and does anyone know what it would measure from center of bottom ball joint to front of the engine plate? Also I know some guys have mentioned raising the engine half and inch, three quarter of an inch, even one whole inch, how much if any should I raise mine? My chassis in an older (06) with updates. Also do I need to move the motor to the right and what do I look for as far as midplates? I have one midplates that doesn't fit with the existing holes I may just drill out to fit. I'm new to Late Models, any help is greatly appreciated.

The centre of gravity on a steel block motor is lower raising it will will help with weight transfer. I would move the engine around, setback/left right to try and achieve the best percentages you can. With a steelblock I would use maximum setback thats allowed even if you have to add weight in front of the motor plate.

Thanks Keeks, how much should I raise the motor?

I would raise between 1/2" to 1"