Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Crown Jewel Is Just A Week Away

In light of the fact that The Belleville Midget Nationals at The Highbanks in Belleville, Kansas is just a short week away I thought it appropriate to post a video compilation of highlights from the 2015 Nationals.

This year will be our 4th Nationals in a row and we're looking forward to it more than ever before.

The little cars really get around the nearly circular track. So much so that it gets a bit scary when the boys are running in tight formations.

This is a good video of last year's action from Belleville:

Crown jewel lmao crown jewel is wisc then knoxville and florence

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Crown jewel lmao crown jewel is wisc then knoxville and florence
    Do yourself a favor and stick to your beloved late models because you don't know what you're talking about in regards to open wheel racing, as usual.

The list of drivers who have won Belleville is a who's who of open wheel racing. A 4 time NASCAR champ. 3 multiple time Indy 500 qualifiers and a collection of the best midget and open wheel drivers in the history of the sport.
    Drivers like:
    Stan Fox-8 time Indy 500 qualifier
    Johnny Parsons Jr.-12 time Indy 500 qualifier
    Sleepy Tripp-National Midget Hall of Famer
    Chuck Gurney-National Sprint Car Hall of Famer
    Jeff Gordon-4 time Cup Champion
    Jack Hewit-National Sprint Car Hall of Famer
    Leland Mc Spadden-National Sprint Car Hall of Famer
    Billy Boat-7 time Indy 500 qualifier
    Jason Leffler
    Dave Darland-Winningest sprint car driver in USAC history
    Kasey Kahne
    Bryan Clauson
    Kyle Larson
    Christopher Bell
    and Rico Abreu

Watch the video and see what race Stewart wants to win bad enough that he's going to make a strong effort to do so after he's retired from NASCAR.

Got anything else stupid to say?! LOL!!

Last edited by CIRF; 07-30-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Here's another great Belleville Nationals race from 2013. That was the first year we attended The Belleville Nationals. There were some MONSTER sliders for the lead. I remember the place going nuts the last 10 laps I walked away from the place that night knowing I wouldn't miss another one if I could help it. Both the primary players in this race have gone on to NASCAR. NASCAR's gain is us dirt fan's loss.

Last edited by CIRF; 07-30-2016 at 10:47 PM.

that's Knoxville nationals as in sprints they will be lucky to get a full field this year mark it down crown jewel now that 's funny there are a lot events that tony wants to win duh him being a racer I would hope so he also wants to win the world 100 but that ain't going happen and he knows that
    Last edited by old fan; 07-31-2016 at 09:43 AM.

It's obvious that if Stewart wants to win it so badly it probably is a crown jewel. And it is. All ya' have to do is look at the winners list of the Belleville Nationals and what many have gone on to accomplish. Lott'a big names have won that race. The biggest to date is probably Jeff Gordon, Billy Boat and Stan Fox. Larson is still too young and his career is just getting a good start to be put in a category with the other three. Same goes for Bell and Rico.

Please feel free to make a list of World Hundred, Dream and Prairie Dirt Classic winners that have gone on to higher forms of racing. Bbbwwwaaaaaahahahaha!!!

There are 3 legitimate crown jewels in midget racing, they are The Chili Bowl, The Belleville Nationals and The Turkey Night Grand Prix. The 4 Crown is right up there, too, but not quite in a class with the other 3. I've attended all 4 multiple times along with over 20 World Hundred's and a dozen Dream's so we have plenty to compare them to. The Chili Bowl is a crown jewel of all racing, not just midget racing. Don't get too pissed about that fact.................again! LOL!!

Please feel free to make a list of World Hundred, Dream and Prairie Dirt Classic winners that have gone on to higher forms of racing. Bbbwwwaaaaaahahahaha!!!maybe just maybe those guys are happy were they are at did you ever think of that one besides lookat the money trail late models guys go after no its not nascar money but then again there is bs to deal with for the racing they do besides anybody home most of the upper leagues are asphalt but go out ther next week end they will be lucky to get 24 cars with powri running that weekend at atleast 3 tracks if yo call that crown will ok then we can't help you
    Last edited by old fan; 08-01-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    maybe just maybe those guys are happy were they are at did you ever think of that one besides lookat the money trail late models guys go after no its not nascar money but then again there is bs to deal with for the racing they do besides anybody home most of the upper leagues are asphalt but go out ther next week end they will be lucky to get 24 cars with powri running that weekend at atleast 3 tracks if yo call that crown will ok then we can't help you
    Say what? LOL!!!!

'Bout all I got out of that is you saying you can't help me. Literally LOL!

Trust me, the only help I could possibly get from you is how to execute a perfect pavement face-plant!! That kind of help I don't need, or want!! LOL!!

there is no help for hey I am going to crown jewel at belle Claire a event that will be lucky to get enough entryies to fill the field I can call the event at belle Claire a crown jewel also

Huh?!! What's' that ya' say?!

Jackson Motorplex will have a Crown Jewel soon. Last Friday Night was $20,000 to win $10,000 for 2nd and $1000 to start 1 night show.

See with cirf it has to be a open wheel show in order for it to be a crown jewel i think he was dropped on his head when he was little

They can't even post the purse or what the track record is

There are crown jewel races among every genre' and type of racing competition. Dirt lates have their World Hundred and Dream. Winged sprints have the Knoxville Nationals. Wingless sprints have the Oval Nationals and 4 Crown Nationals. Midgets have The Chili Bowl, Belleville and Turkey Night. USAC Silver Crown has The Hoosier Hundred, Springfield & Du Quoin.

The Jason Leffler Memorial is on a fast track to becoming crown jewel caliber for midgets but not quite there yet. I was lucky enough to have attended the Leffler Memorial last year and the stands were packed and there was 3 wide racing nearly every lap all race long.

Really is every race a crown jewel in your lil mind and does really matter but i will stay this you can make more n a dr late model then you can in any other class

But ya' just can't make it to the big time!! LOL!!

they don't want to they want to fall asleep at 200 miles per hour plus jd picked up almost 3/r million dollars last year and have the hasssle and buul chit nascar puts out
    Last edited by old fan; 08-01-2016 at 10:51 PM.

This video is of the 2011 Belleville Midget Nationals A-main won by Kyle Larson driving for Keith Kunz. Keep in mind Larson had never seen The High Banks prior to this weekend. The High Banks are intimidating but they didn't seem to intimidate Larson. Belleville is just one of the several crown jewel's Kyle has won. It's no wonder someone snagged him to make the jump to NASCAR.

Explain how race a race that can't get good car count out in the middle of nowhere be considered a crown jewel