Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyler Erb

Wells flip was probably due to track conditions. Very wet and heavy in hot laps. The roll over in the modified race was caused by aggressive driving and a feud between Bollinger and Harrison. Sad to see an innocent by stander got caught up in that one. Not sure what happen in the first flip of the non-qualifiers race, couldn't see it. Pinched against the wall maybe? Obviously with Unzicker and Erb, something broke or just a bone head move. Boddy has came out and said something broke on his causing him to climb wall. I grew up going to Fals and I have never seen anything like all the flips that happen this weekend. I think it was just one of those weekend of a lot of freak accidents and guys driving over their heads. A lot of cars and a lot of money on the line. I thought the track was great. I would much rather see a tacky fast track than the follow the leader, dry slick tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by BN247 View Post
    Wells flip was probably due to track conditions. Very wet and heavy in hot laps. The roll over in the modified race was caused by aggressive driving and a feud between Bollinger and Harrison. Sad to see an innocent by stander got caught up in that one. Not sure what happen in the first flip of the non-qualifiers race, couldn't see it. Pinched against the wall maybe? Obviously with Unzicker and Erb, something broke or just a bone head move. Boddy has came out and said something broke on his causing him to climb wall. I grew up going to Fals and I have never seen anything like all the flips that happen this weekend. I think it was just one of those weekend of a lot of freak accidents and guys driving over their heads. A lot of cars and a lot of money on the line. I thought the track was great. I would much rather see a tacky fast track than the follow the leader, dry slick tracks.
    Yes it has been a very crazy weekend!!!! I lost 2 great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Yes it has been a very crazy weekend!!!! I lost 2 great friends.
    Sorry for your losses plunks........that sux.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I live in the south........y'all have water up that way?????? Does that = no dust and you can see who wrecked???? Hmmmmm might have to look into this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    not an idiot, so.......
    He may not be an idiot, but he didn't help his image when his thoughts on the incident to DoD were "it is what it is".........huh?
    I think if I did something that stupid, I'd call MYSELF an idiot! Then, I'd be apologizing profusely.

feel bad for Unzicker that's for sure

Total bonehead move, if his throttle didn't stick he should lie and say it did. Kudos to the class Unzicker showed, not many drivers would have been able to handle it as well. Not only does an out-of-control driver tear your equipment up and put your well-being at risk, but potentially screws up your entire year.

"It is what it is"...Bonehead

Read the dirtondirt article. Erb mentioned nothing about throttle being stuck or brake issues. He said he had a run and an opening. I still can't figure out what he was thinking.

Erb has been an aggressive driver all year, but his driving has been getting more and more ridiculous the past month or so. In the Firecracker non-qualifiers race he was running a distant 2nd, and Matt Lux passed him cleanly a few times. Each time, Erb did a bonsai into the next corner and went in full throttle on the bottom. Each time, Lux stood on the brakes and avoided disaster for both of them. Lux finally did get clear of him and as Erb came to the finish line in 3rd with no one near him, he ran over a lapped car and spun himself out. Same thing in the B-Main at I-80 last week, a suicide slider in the last corner that only cleared the guy because he saw it coming and jumped on the brakes. Again, for a position that didn't matter because they were both in the show. Unfortunately, I think he needed to get in a few wrecks because that seems to be the only way he might learn his lesson. Really sucks that a guy like Unzicker has to pay for Erb's lesson though.

Sounds like the kid just flat out needs his ass beat.

Let Don O'neal or an old school guy teach him a lesson

No balls no glory. And like all of the young shoes, NO FEAR. Its been this way for a long long time!!!!!!!! Its just some of us can't remember that far back.