08/02/2016
(Carnesville GA)

Jeff Maxwell suspended and fined for tire(s) that did not meet the bench mark.

FASTRAK competitor Jeff Maxwell has been suspended for tires that did not meet the bench mark per the lab utilized by the series. Competitor has been fined $2500 plus his winnings of $600 payable back to the speedway (Princeton Speedway) and loss of all points for the event. Competitor will not be allowed to compete at any FASTRAK event until fine has been paid in full. (please refer to FASTRAK rule book under section TIRES)

"I want to give the credit to the panel of drivers and car owners at the speedway" stated Stan Lester of FASTRAK, "They called earlier in the year wanting to know if FASTRAK would support a local technical panel. My only statement to them as long as you run it as a tech panel and not use it as a bully pulpit I am very happy to support and encourage other FASTRAK weekly tracks to do the same. This incident is living proof of what can happen when tracks owners like Melvin Bishop listen and work with the teams".

Competitor is being mailed a certified letter stating the matter.

"Again I cannot say it enough. This is a wonderful idea of how successful a local track can be in cooperation with it's teams.

Great job by all.