Thread: Tire help

Default Tire help

I race at Lawrenceburg speedway with the tire rule of mandatory H on RR and AS on the other 3 corners. My tires worked great until the lap 17 caution then they were gone on the restart !! Any suggestions on how to keep the tires happy under yellow flag conditions?

that is a common complaint with the AS.

Default L burg

Looked fast to me

I ran across this article the other day and I thought it might be worth the read, 3/4 of the way down they ask a question about glazing tires. http://www.hotrod.com/articles/dirt-...ing-tips-pros/
    Last edited by dkibel; 08-05-2016 at 06:09 PM.

thats a great article

That happens all the time with American Racers.
    The heat build up on a long green and the tire are hard enough to not shed properly so the oil leach out. Under caution the tires cool quite a bit and the pores close up leaving the hard rubber at the surface. About all you can do is try not to overheat the tire, buzz em in the grit to clean them off. Sometimes the inner tire foams and bead lock inner and outer covers help hold in heat. Sometimes too much heat so be careful there. Grooving and siping seem to help control the temps as well as getting them to refire after a caution.

Great article it's nice getting ppls opinions