Default DW 11...Decent starter car?

New to UMP modifieds, son coming from karting. Found a good deal on a 2006 Dirt Works DW11. Would this make a decent starter car for us? Anything specific I should look for on this car?

Your only option for tech support and repairs is Hoffman Race cars/ DirtWorks in Oronogo, Mo
    contact number is 417-465-2410

Probably not the best choice for a starter, but about anything can be made to work with the proper knowledge.

one big thing is where are you located. I would try to find a good builder close to you.

a good deal on a 10 year old car. better be almost free.
    just think in 10 years how much of that roll cage and chassis tubing has sweat, and rusted from the inside thinning the wall thickness down.

Dunno if I would put my kid in it.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Probably 100's of those around here.

I'd take the car completely apart and clean and inspect every single nut and bolt and wire etc. replacing most of it.
    Then I'd carefully reassemble and race it for a year or two and decide if you like the car and if you want to stay in racing. If you do stay in, update it or sell it and get something else.

Good starter car.

Good luck getting much help from Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Probably 100's of those around here.

I'd take the car completely apart and clean and inspect every single nut and bolt and wire etc. replacing most of it.
    Then I'd carefully reassemble and race it for a year or two and decide if you like the car and if you want to stay in racing. If you do stay in, update it or sell it and get something else.
    only problem with that is they more than likely do not know what to look for. coming from go karts, they probably do know what to look for, or what they are looking at, or how a spring behind set up should look or what to look for on a pull bar assembly.
    Other than a basic visual inspection of a piece of metal or aluminum. or parts
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.