Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do they have any air ducts attached to these holes on the #1 car?

No ducts at all

I am struggling to come up with the reason DEK, I can see holes in other parts of the body but not there.

Their is a Go PRO in there filming everyone looking at them! They sit back at the shop and laugh it off. ..............Actually top secret stuff,info it will get around.... eventually.

Could be as the car yaws the air flow changes directions.That area is curved and could be speeding up air velocity thus creating lower pressure.Drilling holes helps eliminate this.
    Theory #2 I have seen cars that put air under the car to create low pressure.These cars had ducting and belly pans tho

Probably better terms to describe it, but it eliminates the air coming around the nose and creating a vacuum effect in the left front wheel well area.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Next time you're running a test day at a 1/4 mile track, take the nose, the spoiler, and the right rear quarter panel off and see how she handles. But take it easy if the track has a wall. The good news is that when you hit it, you'll have less body damage to repair.
    I dunno, Bobby Pierce runs without a RR quarter panel every week and runs pretty good. Not sure why he bothers putting new ones on anymore... His nose isn't much better. LOL