Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XR-1 Rocket

Get a price on the XR2?

Chassis, uppers, lowers, spindles, pit, brake lines, deck, shifters, and pedals. The capital was 17,500 but it was birdcages and in their words "everything rear suspension that makes it a capital. Longhorn did request to assemble the car to make sure all the spacers and what not was correctly placed but politely said if I didn't want to it was OK. They had noticed some of the moyer cars (copies) we're somewhat assembled wrong. They said add about $1,000 for cages, but ppm makes a copy of their cage for about $800 (I bought a set last year) and it's an impressive looking piece.

one of the guys that work at rocket said all the blue front parts fit ( except for the spindles). rear,rack,uppers,lowers,complete rear,j-bar,lift bar etc.

XR-1 can not be purchased bare! In fact, it is pretty hard to buy it with anything less than a deck, tub, body, brake lines and pedals, and front suspension, etc. (per Rocket and even Pancho). Very true that most all of the front suspension is the same except spindles. They do use a different upper that is now slotted. The rear is also the same but they recommend the heavier Winters 1-ton rear in them now. Also, you supposedly need the Trick Rocket fuel cell.

This time last year, Black Diamond and Longhorn would not sell a bare frame to you unless you already had one of their cars. I imagine they have backed off that some or will soon. Looks like the next "hot" car to have is the XR-1.

The waiting list is pretty long, likely late April till you can get one thru Rocket direct, normal order.

I say get a TrakStar...

I second that ^^^^^^

I'm not sure if this tread is about High HP racing or crate racing, but TrakStar has an awesome product out. They just won the 2016 Nesmith Chassis manufacture points championship this year.. AND in 09, 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015! Over some of the best chassis of Rockets, CVR, GRT's, etc.. Something to look at!!

i have herd nothing but good about those tnt cars also.

CVR. You won't be disappointed.