Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XR-1 Rocket

I just bought 1 with the new xr1 shocks.......complete roller.....not even close to 55.

Xr1 prices are pretty much inline with longhorn prices. We are very excited to try ours......hope to have it ready next week.

Jimmy owens to rocket didnt see this coming but he should be bad fast

http://www.racingjunk.com/Late-Model...1-Rocket-.html This is what I'm going off of when I'm saying that giant $55,000 number as far as I can tell it's said to be a roller

Quote Originally Posted by MBRCompound View Post
    Xr1 prices are pretty much inline with longhorn prices. We are very excited to try ours......hope to have it ready next week.
    Would definatley like to hear your results

I don't know...I guess some people fail to realize this, but pricing on a complete roller includes a ton of inflated labor cost for assembly. With as simple as these cars are to work on, it blows my mind how many people will pay for a complete roller when they could buy the bare frame and all the parts through their trusted Motorstate dealer for half the cost. And then use a little elbow grease to build the car themselves. Am I the only one that actually enjoys putting the car together and watching it go from a bare frame to something that is ready for the race track?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    I don't know...I guess some people fail to realize this, but pricing on a complete roller includes a ton of inflated labor cost for assembly. With as simple as these cars are to work on, it blows my mind how many people will pay for a complete roller when they could buy the bare frame and all the parts through their trusted Motorstate dealer for half the cost. And then use a little elbow grease to build the car themselves. Am I the only one that actually enjoys putting the car together and watching it go from a bare frame to something that is ready for the race track?
    i guess every one isn't like me and you matt, some folks got enough money to by it ready to go. I will say that in my opinion, the knowledge you gain assembling it your self is priceless sometimes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    A complete from GRT is extra $2500 for assembly. I completely agree though I would rather assemble myself anyway just to get a feel for everything in the car if anything

Xr1 cost 2500 for assembly........in my opinion that's pretty cheap considering the amount of work that has to be done. Will let you know Stevens6 how it works out! Ours is gonna be a limited late for the rest of this season. My little boy is my driver. He's 12 but hes got 3 wins so far this year in our old MBH (2011) and he's done extremely well. We will have great support also from a good friend of ours that's already running one and Steve Baker and the guys at Rocket seem like they are gonna be pretty easy to work with so we are very excited. All in all we were looking for a car to grow into and a company that's known for support. Hopefully the Xr1 suits our needs!

Stevensracing6...........that car you posted is way more than just a roller. It sounds like your getting oil system, trans, fuel pump, power steering pump, etc. That stuff alone is a pile of money. Pretty strong price on used stuff though in my opinion but if you gotta have a xr1 and don't wanna wait several months to get it and don't mind it being used 55 grand may not be a bad deal at all!

Stevensracing6...........that car you posted is way more than just a roller. It sounds like your getting oil system, trans, fuel pump, power steering pump, etc. That stuff alone is a pile of money. Pretty strong price on used stuff though in my opinion but if you gotta have a xr1 and don't wanna wait several months to get it and don't mind it being used 55 grand may not be a bad deal at all!
    Now that I go back and look somewhere I see where it says "will sell as roller" so I almost wonder if it's turnkey???? Hell I don't know what I do know is I can't afford it lol

The problem with the Longhorns, Rocket Longhorn (XR-1), Capital and MBH is you can't buy a bare chassis. They make you buy it in a "kit" at different pricing levels. I've always assembled cars from a bare chassis stage so knowing how to put it together is not a worry. To me it's just a scam and I won't support it. I will always lead my guys to a place that doesn't require the stupid "kits"

Quote Originally Posted by stevensracing_6 View Post
    Now that I go back and look somewhere I see where it says "will sell as roller" so I almost wonder if it's turnkey???? Hell I don't know what I do know is I can't afford it lol
    As he pointed out it has the bell/trans/starter/oil system/fuel system, probably 10k of stuff over a normal roller if not more. And it only has 29 races

55K and all you need is engine and seat. So it's not completely out of line, still a tad high for a 1 season old car.

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    The problem with the Longhorns, Rocket Longhorn (XR-1), Capital and MBH is you can't buy a bare chassis. They make you buy it in a "kit" at different pricing levels. I've always assembled cars from a bare chassis stage so knowing how to put it together is not a worry. To me it's just a scam and I won't support it. I will always lead my guys to a place that doesn't require the stupid "kits"
    this is true, when long horn first got popular, i called and talked to a lady there about a bare chassis, she told me they would only sell with front spindles and front lowers , may have included uppers but cant remember for sure but dont think so , any way, 10 grand was all i needed to hear.....

You can get the XR-1 bare frame to full roller. ANY stage you want. It's all in how much work you want to do.

Stevensracing6.......... No sir that's def not a turn key price.......if it came with a motor you'd be looking at another 25-50 grand depending on what it was and how old it is.

The problem companies have just selling bare chassis is that they don't want people to hang junk parts on them. Since they are gonna be providing support they wanna know that what you got is what they are most familiar with. Chassis are defiantly important but the parts and components that get hung on them are just as important imo.

The problem companies have just selling bare chassis is that they don't want people to hang junk parts on them. Since they are gonna be providing support they wanna know that what you got is what they are most familiar with. Chassis are defiantly important but the parts and components that get hung on them are just as important imo.
    This was our chassis builders exact explanation when we had this question so we let him do his thing and we were always bad fast wherever we went. I wish he was still in business

^^^^ Exactly. They have all been through the ringer trying to help Joe blow get faster only to find out he's running the wrong length axle tubes or j bar mount, ECT..